Saturday, March 23, 2013

Straightened Out

So I'm still working on getting the house in order. But yesterday was payday for Nick, which meant it was bill paying/grocery shopping day for me. And I had to mail out an Etsy order (thanks, D!), and return some library books (he decided not to spank me for the late fees after all, so I didn't want to push my luck). And my mom wanted me to bring the girls out to visit while I ran errands.

Anyway, Nick usually gets home around 6:00, but it was just after 7:00 by the time I got home myself. I was a little apprehensive, because I knew that the house was looking a little rough. It really is like swimming upstream with a one year old and a three year old home all day, but I try to make sure that he comes home to at least a clean living room, a made bed, and a navigable kitchen. Ideally I want to have all the common areas spotless for him, but I've still got some work to do to make that happen on a regular basis. 

When I got Jack out of his car seat he was badly in need of a diaper change. I had just changed him before going in the last store, but he was apparently having some tummy troubles. I brought him in and inwardly groaned - the house looked worse than I remembered. The big chair in the living room was loaded with laundry (clean laundry though), the couch cushions were all over the place, and the kitchen was a disaster. Nick was clearly unhappy.

I changed Jack, who was uncharacteristically fussy, and held him for a bit to get him settled. After a few minutes I gave him to Nick and brought Nick a snack to feed him while I unloaded all the groceries. That took a while, then I put a pizza in the oven for dinner. While the pizza baked I straightened up a bit, then served us both. While we were eating, my mom called to tell me she would be bringing the girls home in a little while. 

We sat and watched TV while we ate, and after we were both done, Nick said, "Let's go upstairs for a few minutes." Now I'm no idiot - I knew exactly what he had in mind.

"The girls will be home really soon," I tried.

"That's why we're going up now," he answered, pointedly turning the deadbolt on the front door. 

Resigned, I got up off the couch and trudged up the stairs behind him.  When I got to the bedroom I headed straight to the bathroom. I always have to pee first. I could hear him rummaging through the chest at the end of the bed. When I came out he was holding a paddle he hasn't used in years. He actually made this one himself many years ago. It's relatively lightweight, but it burns like fire. He lectured me for a bit, then told me to turn around and bend over. I bent over the bed, and he pulled my jeans and panties down over my protests. 

He may have gone easy on me when he spanked me last time, but he didn't make the same mistake this go around. He was fed up this time, and he made sure I knew it. I couldn't hold still, and after getting out of place a few times and getting spanked harder each time, I asked if I could please lie across the bed. I thought I might be able to stay put a little better with my feet off the ground. He agreed, but it didn't do much good, and I was still struggling to stay put. Finally he told me I was getting 10 more just so long as I could hold still for them, but if I moved again he would keep going. I ended up getting 11 more. 

When he was done he put the paddle up and told me that I could join him downstairs when I had composed myself. Then he spent the next 45 minutes helping me fold laundry. Today I did better, although I've still got a lot of work to do. 

After we got the kids to bed last night we spent some sweeter time together. I'm so incredibly blessed with him. ❤

2 comments:

Aimless Rambling said...

It's tough to keep things straight when children are involved.

AngelBrat said...

It sure is, Sunnygirl! Of course I wouldn't trade this precious time though. But Nick and I were just talking the other day about how we want to have an RV adventure of our own someday when the nest is empty. :)