Thursday, March 07, 2013

AMA Post Two

This comes from Sally:


If you could have one do-over in your life, what would it be? What is your weirdest talent? What is the worst injury you've ever had? What historical figure would you like to meet the most? :) 

Thanks, Sally! One do-over? Gosh, it's hard to narrow it down lol! My initial thought is to say "not become so spanking crazy when Nick and I were dating and cause it to be an awkward subject for us for literally years." But that's not exactly a "one moment in time" sort of thing. And honestly, I'm not so sure that if I had done that we would have ever gotten where we are today. Sure, I wish I had been less obsessive about it, but I know for sure that to 20 year old Tracy that would have translated into bury-it-deep-and-pretend-you-never-brought-it-up-at-all. I think that the growing pains we went through were necessary to get us here. In reality I'd probably change things like "don't decide health insurance is too expensive your first year of marriage" or "don't park Nick's Suburban in the front yard - some chick high on coke is going to total it with a stolen car and you'll never get reimbursed."

My weirdest talent - hmmm. Well, I don't know that you can call this a talent, but I seem to have an uncanny ability to get products I really like discontinued. Shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, razors, food products - anything I ever fell in love with and vowed to buy forever fell prey to a sadly shortened production time. I do make phenomenally good sweet tea and spaghetti (not in the same pot). And my brain tends to take handy shortcuts when it comes to math.

The worst injury I've ever had would probably be the trauma from childbirth when Morgan was born. Daisy and Jack were out in 8 pushes and 1 push, respectively. But Morgan was born facing the ceiling rather than the floor (or sunny side up as they called it), and her little nose was caught on my pelvic bone. I pushed for 3 hours, at the end of which they decided to go with forceps. She was just beautiful, no more injury than a tiny break in the skin on her forehead. But 45 minutes later the doctor was still stitching up the tears in my poor lower region. I tore as badly as you can without tearing completely through, and Nick to this day won't really discuss what it looked like as it was happening (although my mother will cheerfully tell you it was like I just "exploded" down there). I lived in terror for weeks that I was going to glimpse my injuries in the reflection of the bathtub faucet, but I eventually healed up just fine.

Now, if you're still reading after that, the historical figure I would most like to meet would probably be Peter, one of Jesus' disciples. He was such a fascinating man, and I would love to sit and talk with him about what it was like to walk with Jesus. 

Any one else? More questions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you meet Nick? Where was your first date?