Monday, May 30, 2005

A new routine...

Well, I found out last night that Nick has decided that the weekly stay-on-track spankings are a good idea. First, a bit of background:

The ceiling fan in our bedroom has been out of commission for a while now. That in itself is not such a big deal, since we have a nice oscillating fan too. The problem is that the overhead light portion of the fan also doesn't work. That means that we've been using our small bedside lamps to light the room. Nick and I both hate rooms that you can't light properly.

So anyway, we broke down and bought a new ceiling fan last night. He took the old one down, and of course I started looking at the blades with a bit of a gleam in my eye, but I thought, "Nah, no way those are sturdy enough." Nick of course caught on to what I was thinking, and after we had the new one installed, he took the old one out to the garage.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked innocently.

"Well, I'm going to take it apart and make some sort of paddle to paddle your ass with."

He got the blades off of the motor housing, picked one up, and said, "Come here." Now it seemed harmless enough, so I wasn't too apprehensive, and I stood up and moved next to him.

"WHACK!"

Holy crap! That thing HURT! It turned out to be deceptively sturdy. He got in a few test whacks before I literally ran away (I never do that). Well, he puttered around for a few for minutes, and I relaxed and sat back down to talk to him. Then, out of the blue, he announces that he has something to take care of before we go to bed. Now when he says he has "something to take care of" it's always my butt.

"But, I've been good this week! I did everything you asked, and I even did a few other things!"

"And I'm proud of you. But this is just maintenance."

All of a sudden my great idea seemed like a horrible, horrible idea. A spanking EVERY WEEK just to keep me on track? What the hell was I thinking? I stalled for a bit until I got The Look that ends all nonsense, then I took the hand he was offering and stood up and bent over the car.

"You'll thank me for this later."

"Are you sure?"

Whack! "Owwwww!"

I got 50 swats, and they hurt, but I did thank him later. Today I feel peaceful and loved, and very well taken care of, and I know that it was exactly what I needed. Thank you, Baby.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion to you hubby. Fix the old fan, take off all the blades except for one and put a dimmer switch on it to regulate the power. This will slow it down. Hook it up to a stand and vualla, a personal home made spanking machine for the misses to enjoy. Or more to the point him to enjoy. Why tire his arm out when we have modern science at work.

Paul666

Anonymous said...

my ass hurts just reading this!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we have a ceiling fan above our bed and it's black. One day it just hit me, as I lay there looking up, that they looked like big paddles. So I went to second hand stores and bought loose blades, and my husband designed a nasty long handled small round (about 4")end. Boy did, ( I say did because it eventually broke ),that thing sting! He made 2 more replacements till we gave up on the blades. We found some wood just like the CB's, only in a childs grow chart you put on the wall, which he has made a paddle out of that has not broke yet and it burns! We bought 3 charts which will make 6 paddles, we'll be good for a long time. Debbie

AngelBrat said...

Hey! He doesn't need any more ideas! *g*

Anonymous said...

yum! creative one...good idea!

*hugs*

Malcolm said...

We have a ceiling fan that does not work, it's coming down very soon I have decided. The blades will be recycled.

Anonymous said...

Man Tracy...I think I'm glad my husband doesn't spank me....You sure started something here.

Nick IS very creative....Good luck with the new maintenance spanking plan...WEG

AngelBrat said...

Jayda, move quickly, before his spank-ar picks up on them!

Annissa, it's funny, but ALL of our homemade implements have come from him, and he's the vanilla one!

Malcolm, why, there are lots of better ways to recycle: cans, newspapers, bottles, etc...LOL!

Janet, it's like I said to annissa - he's very creative! If he doesn't have an inner spanko, he's at least got an inner carpenter!

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to read that you got the full benefits of Maintenance Discipline. It really works, doesn't it!