Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Best Husband in the World!

On my way home tonight, I started thinking about Mount Laundry, and decided I would try to scale it. It's probably the most frustrating chore for me, because it's just never-ending. Nick hadn't specifically asked me to work on it this week, although some effort towards it is pretty standardly expected, so I made plans to put a dent in it.

When I pulled into the garage, there he was - working on a greatly diminished pile of dirty clothes! And when we went inside, I found that he'd folded and mostly put away the two baskets full of clean clothes! And on top of that, he'd cleaned the den up too!

Of course I told him thank you several times, and I started in on the kitchen while he watched the last few minutes of his TV program (the reason he was still up so late). I always go to bed with him until he falls asleep, even if I plan to get back up. Just as he drifted off, I said, "I really don't deserve you."

"You're probably right," he teased.

You know, I really don't. Really !

I love you, Sugarpie!

7 comments:

AngelBrat said...

I'll pass the hug along, Jayda. And isn't it sweet to snuggle up with them as they drift off to sleep?

Dawn said...

Of course you deserve him :) And he deserves you!

Enjoy it *G*

Anonymous said...

Strange. One should think that men stay up and wifes (wives?) sleep.

Anonymous said...

I think you were very smart when you made your choice to marry Nick.

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Lady Calliah! :)

Nobbi, I work until midnight every night, and he goes in at 8 AM, so that explains why he's always asleep first.

Kaylem, :)

Mattie, why thank you, I quite agree ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww!!!! That was really sweet of him. You have yourself a wonderful husband there Tracy.

My husband does those little thigs for me most of the time too. It is a wonderful feeling to know they love you enough to help when needed.


Hugs,
Janet

AngelBrat said...

:)