Thursday, April 11, 2013

I know, I know, I just posted!

But I recently got back in touch with my friend Joannie of Joannie Discusses DD, and I wanted to mention her forum Joannie and Friends. I don't maintain a link list on this blog for personal reasons (which you can read about here if you'd like), but I think Joannie's blog and forum are both invaluable resources for all DDers, but especially those starting out, and it's worth stepping outside my own policy for. I don't get to frequent the forum much these days just because of a lack of time, but once upon a time I was there every day, poring over every new post and finding myself over and over in other members. Prior to opening her own forum Joannie was very active on the SpankSpot sites, associated with Bethany's Woodshed, for which she still writes. (By the way, the link to her fiction store is at the bottom of my sidebar, and she's a terrific writer! PK, you might even see if she has something she'd be willing to donate to Fantasy Fridays.)

As someone very new not just to DD, but to the idea that there were other people with my needs out there, I was drowning in all the crazy websites and pure porn out there in my search for, well, normal people. I knew that the things I was finding were not really what I was looking for, and it was such a relief the day I found my first spanking forum. Now I'm sure there are a lot of them out there these days, but you'd be hard pressed to find nicer, more helpful folks than the ones on Joannie and Friends. 

I think it's terrific the number of DD blogs that are out there, but they tend to be less of a two way conversation than a monologue (which is fine). Forums give you the opportunity to post your questions to a whole bunch of more experienced people, as well as to people who are in your same boat and may be looking for the same answers you are. 

Joannie took a break from blogging and cut back on her forum participation for a bit while dealing with the care, and then the loss of her mother, but she's come back to both now, and if you're looking for wise words, friendly ears, or just some great stories, you ought to check her out!

1 comment:

Aimless Rambling said...

Thanks for the info.

I have read a couple of her books.
How's Daisy today.