Now this is not me announcing that I'm no longer a spanko, because that's definitely not the case. I've just finally come to grasp that spanking for me primarily meets a deep need for safety and discipline. And while nothing gets me going like the thought of being spanked, when it's not actually addressing an issue (whether punishment, warning, or just plain stress management), it kind of...trivializes it. I don't know if that's really the best way to put it, but it's like I need it to be a situation where he's meeting an actual need of mine, not just smacking my butt, for it to be fulfilling for me.
That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes love to be spanked in bed - I do. I guess I just need for it to have context. The best sexual spankings I've ever gotten have been after hard punishment spankings, when I'm feeling safe and loved and taken care of and feel the second spanking as a continuation of the first, with all the guilt feelings dealt with and out of the way.
I think I managed to communicate this to Nick, hopefully better than I seemed to have conveyed it here, and I think it was a generative conversation. Anyway, that's just the way I feel, the rest of you can feel free to have all the fun, sexy, context-free spankings you want.
As for me, I think (hope maybe) there will be something a bit more serious in my near future. In the cool new stuff category, Nick bought me this very cool shirt at the marriage conference.

And I've totally fallen in love with and highly recommend this website. I got my first orders today, and I'm very impressed! A friend emailed me the link, and I thought, well that's just too good to be true. But I did some research, and everything pointed to a very legitimate company. So with Nick's okay, I took a chance, and I was very pleased! I will definitely be a repeat customer!

10 comments:
Hi,
I think you explained yourself really well.
Hope you get what you really need
Hugs
Jess
I'm with you. There has to be some kind of meaning behind the spanking given. Play is fine but like you, it doesn't do for me what discipline/stress spankings do.
We've been to marriage conferences through our church and depending on the speaker, they can be a really well spent weekend.
Tracy, that's fine, we change as we grow.
You do your thing, I'll do mine.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
I'm glad the weekend went so well, but I must say - I could have gone without knowing that website existed! I purchased two items tonight and would have bought more if my sweetie did not put a limit on my spending.
Take care,
Danielle
Tracy,
I don't know if you Nick understood what you were saying or not but I hope he did. I can tell you I know exactly what you were saying and I agree 100%!!
Hugs,
PK
Thanks, Jess, and nice blog!
Thank you, Lori, this one was wonderful, and I really like your blog too! All these great people I'm meeting! :)
Thank you, Paul, you always know just what to say! :)
Danielle, LOL, I'm running into the same thing!
Thanks, PK - It means so much to have someone who can relate!
Hugs,
Tracy
Oh Tracy, isn't that the BEST website? I found it in a Womans Day magazine, so I was pretty sure it was going to be a good website and SURE enough, it's WONDERFUL! I can't stop myself from stopping by to see what is up for grabs next!
I am with you about the spanking thing. I'm not much into it when there is nothing substantial behind it. It gets me hot thinking about it but it has to have some meaning for it to work for me.
HUGS!
grace
Grace, I just love it! :) I got a gorgeous London Blue Topaz ring today, and I can't stop looking at it! And you always get me when it comes to DD. :)
Sounds exactly like me. I need that safety, security, feeling loved after feeling. it needs to have depth to it. We've had conversations similar to this, and also with regard to spanking parties etc. it is just something that PS couldn't go to. it is so personal and emotion filled and like you said, the thought of doing it with those just for fun, isn't his thing. I like to dream about it some, but being honest, I'm like you to the tee....
Carye
PS: Sorry I've not been around much. pretty crazy here especially now that work has kicked up and I have all 4 kids at home for the summer!
It's good to see you, Carye. :) Hope your summer's going well!
Post a Comment