Saturday, October 29, 2005

A long week...

Sorry for the lack of posting, guys. It's been a long week. I did get the spanking I needed. Sunday Nick got out Jokari and paddled the attitude out of me. It was very much what I needed, and I managed to stay still for the whole thing.

Work just dragged by until yesterday. I'd been there maybe an hour when Nick called to let me know that the family was being called to the hospital to spend a few final minutes with my grandmother. I left and went to my Mom's house to pick up Morgan so my Mom could go be with my Dad (it's his mother). Then I stopped at home to grab Morgan some coloring books and headed to the hospital. My brother was there and watched Morgan for me while I went to see Mamaw. She's really just a shell right now. She turned 91 a couple of months ago, and her health has been declining for well over a year. She's developed some sort of infection in her back, and it's spread to the rest of her body. She's still hanging on today, but the doctor's feel like it will be any time now.

I fell asleep on the couch with Morgan last night. I guess I was pretty exhausted, because Nick could not get me to wake up when it was time for bed. He had to be at work this morning, so finally he had to give up and get in bed himself. I woke up around seven and went upstairs and got in bed. I hate sleeping without him. We snuggled up for a while until he absolutely had to get up. Today I feel kind of shaky and achy all over. I think I may be getting sick. Ugh!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma and to hear you might be getting sick.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Sad,when it's time to say goodbye for ever.

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, guys. She's still hanging on, although her kidneys have started to fail. At this point it would be a relief to see her pass on. Sad, yes, but we just don't want her to suffer anymore.

Dawn said...

So sorry to hear about your mammaw, tracy. I understand what you mean about it being a relief though. *hugs* Take extra good care of yourself right now.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I'm sorry you have had such a rough week. My prayers go out to you and your Grandmother. Hang in there.
Angel

Trish said...

Tracy,
My prayers for you and your family. I understand also about it being more of a relief at some point. *Hugs* I hope you start feeling better as well.
Trish

AngelBrat said...

Thank you all so much. (((H)))