Monday, May 02, 2005

Reckoning Delayed...

Today was kind of rough. First of all Nick hurt his back pretty badly. I hate to see him in pain, and what makes it frustrating is that he did it bending to pick up a bag that was filled with literally nothing more than soiled paper towels. He apparently just twisted the wrong way.

Then, maybe an hour later, our little girl fell and cut her leg. How that happened is pretty complicated, but basically she jumped up on something she shouldn't have (as 4 year olds will do). It was an old doll clothes chest whose sides were made of cardboard covered by thin pink sheet metal. The protective covering had come off on one side without our knowing it, and when she jumped up on it, it flipped over and the edge of the sheet metal sliced into her leg. It wasn't a deep cut, but it bled tremendously, and cleaning it was horrible. She was screaming at the top of her lungs as he held her and I poured the peroxide on it, and I think I was crying harder than her. Changing the bandage a few minutes ago was just as hard.

Right now she's running around the bedroom playing paper airplanes with her dad, so she's not in any ongoing pain, but you all know how heartrending it is when your baby gets hurt. After it happened, I'd taken her to the bathroom, and Nick came charging in, back spasms and all, and he held her while I ran upstairs to get the bandages. He's such an amazing father.

Anyway, he said that we will deal with the spanking in a couple of days, assuming he is able. We'd appreciate your prayers if you think of it. He's a mechanic, and back pain in that line of work is devastating.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer delivered, Tracey! All will turn out fine.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you, I hope Nick and your little girl are better soon - back pain can be excruciating.

Anonymous said...

Your got my prayers also.
My brother is a machanic and I know exactly what Nick is going through. It definately is not a job to have back pains with.

Hope they both feel better soon. Especially Nick, so you can get your spanking...WEG!

Janet

*J* said...

Sending good thoughts your way...

AngelBrat said...

Thank you so much, everyone. Nick said his back felt considerably better when he got up, so your prayers are working!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Nick's back is doing better, Tracy, and I hope your little girl's leg heals quickly, too. Take care.

huggs,
Joannie

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, Joannie. With our little girl I just worry about a scar, especially on her shin. I don't want her to have to deal with that when she gets to the age where girls tend to be super sensitive about such things. But they have some really great scar reduction products on the market. When it's all healed up I'm going to check with our pharmacist about some options.

Jayda, I'm sorry Q's had to go through the same things. It really sidelines things in every area of your life. I'm glad the exercises helped, and I'm going to do some surfing on the subject.

Howard, I'm an absolute tyrant when Nick's sick! LOL! If I'm not, he runs himself into the ground!

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Kaylem. :)