Friday, May 27, 2005

My Sunshine

This has been a stressful week. Work has been horribly busy for me (not good), but horribly slow for Nick (very not good - he works on commission). I know it will all shake out in the end - Nick and I tithe faithfully, and God always provides. But it's nervewracking in the meantime. It's especially hard because Nick is one of the hardest workers I know. He works Monday through Friday, and still goes in on Saturdays, even when he's not scheduled - just because he knows we need the money. It's frustrating for him (and for me for him) when he works his butt off all week and ends up with crappy warranty jobs that get shuttled to him because the people who should be doing them are just plain lazy. It drives me nuts, because he never tries to pull the same crap, even though I wouldn't blame him if he did. My husband is an extreme rarity: an honest, hardworking mechanic.

Sometimes he gets side work - some person sure they need new brakes and willing to pay well for the work. Most of the time, the person is right, and it's a nice little bonus for us and a steal on the labor for them. But several times he's taken a car apart to find that the "squealy noise" isn't bad brakes, but some simple, inexpensive, easily resolvable issue. And every time, he's fixed the problem, put the car back together, and refused to do unnecessary work, regardless of what it would pay. For that, I'm bust-wide-open proud of him.

And this post is mostly to tell him that I love him more than life itself, that I know work is frustrating right now, and that I love him even more for going in that extra day or staying that extra couple of hours, or doing any of the number of things he does to be a wonderful husband, father, and provider - all while upholding the standards that make him the man he is.

I love you, babe, and I appreciate the extra burdens you've carried lately. And even when times get tough, seeing you, talking to you, holding and being held by you makes my day bright and my heart light. You are my sunshine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!!!!!!!

That was so romantic Tracy....

Ya know, my brother is the same way. He's honest and hardworking. He's a machanic too. He even quit a good paying job once because the owner wanted him to say he did some work that he didn't do.

People like that will be well rewarded....

God bless both of you.

Hugs,
Janet

Dawn said...

Awwww...he definitely deserves an "ATTABOY!"

and you :)

:)

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, you guys. I know how blessed I am. :D

Malcolm said...

It'ss good to hear this. Such people are the salt of the earth.

Malcolm said...

And by the way Angelbrat, do you know the books by Alex. McCall Smith about the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency? The hero there is a mechanic. I highly recommend them, I think there are five and I have four, my eight-year-old son really appreciates the sly humour, but they are not "children's books."

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Malcolm. And I've not seen the Alex McCall Smith books, but they sound very interesting. I do love crime thrillers, and I've never come across any (in any genre, really) the feature a mechanic. I'll definitely keep my eye out for them.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, your Nick is a special one... Your post made me smile, and it was lovely to read today. Thanks so much for sharing this.
huggs,
Joannie

AngelBrat said...

:D