Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Amber Alert Ticker

As you can see above, I've added an Amber Alert ticker. For those of you who don't know about Amber Alert, it's named after a little girl named Amber Hagerman who was abducted and murdered in Arlington, Tx in 1996. It's a nationwide (and Canada) system that very quickly broadcasts the details and descriptions surrounding an abduction to minimize the abductor's chances of escape with the child.

If the ticker is yellow, that means that there is an active alert, and you can click on the banner for details of the situation. There is also a form there to email details of the abduction to friends/family you may have in the area impacted. Please, if you see a yellow ticker, take a moment to find out where the kidnapping took place, and email a friend in the area. You could help save a child's life. To get a ticker for your own website, click on the banner as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a GREAT idea Tracy.

I will keep a check on that.

Janet

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Janet.

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, Howard. I hope it helps someone.

Anonymous said...

Good idea!
Angel

AngelBrat said...

:)