Today I'm thankful for:
God's hand on our bank account. A few days ago I pulled up our account and noticed a check with a weird check number for $29.95. I knew we hadn't done anything for that amount, so I looked into it a little further. It turned out to be fraudulent, which meant we had to close the account and open a new one, something we REALLY didn't want to do. We've had this account for over a dozen years. I had my debit card number memorized, we had plenty of checks, Nick's direct deposit goes in there, and everything from my Itunes to my Paypal to my car insurance is connected to it. Not only that, but we were going to be down to $25 once all the legitimate stuff cleared not counting this fraudulent charge! Wait, I promise I'm getting to the gratitude part! First of all, we caught it before anything bigger was taken. Second of all, the bank is going to credit us the 29.95. Third, they opened us a new account quickly, so it definitely could have been worse.
Yesterday Nick's aunt, cousin, and great aunt, all of whom we rarely get to see, visited our church. The reason was a sad one - his great aunt's brother-in-law passed away and they wanted to gather as a family after church for lunch. But it was still wonderful to see them. Also, we didn't have any money to go have lunch with them, but my precious parents, anticipating the need, handed Nick $50 at church so that we could join them after all.
We were out of both diapers and formula today, and God provided a way for us to get both. Plus He gave me a great deal on the diapers!
Jack, who will be nine months tomorrow, is officially crawling.
Nick was off today. Normally he works Mondays, but he worked Saturday for a coworker, so I got to enjoy being with him today!
I had a coupon today for a free molten chocolate cake at Chili's, one of my favorite desserts of all time. Nick and I had some errands to run while Morgan was in school, so we stopped and got it with Daisy and Jack. He gave Jack a taste of it, and it was the cutest thing ever! He got this huge smile, then his eyes rolled back in his head like he was just in heaven, and he started giggling out loud. Best food reaction ever! :)
Nick helped me fold a lot of the laundry today.
Our ceiling fan in the living room is really high up. Like we need a ladder to change the bulbs. Two of the four bulbs had been burned out for a couple of weeks, and it was driving me nuts! (I hate a dim room!). Tonight my dad let us borrow his ladder so Nick could change the bulbs. Finally, light!
This laundry detergent. Everybody I've ever met who tried to make their own laundry detergent said that even if it worked for a couple of weeks, pretty soon their clothes just weren't getting clean. I tried this one because A. it was dry, not liquid, which I thought might make a difference, and B. the women who run http://www.howdoesshe.com/ are geniuses. I've been using it for MONTHS now, and it works even better than the most expensive brands I've tried, even on Nick's dirty mechanic's clothes. In fact, I gave some to my mom, who is super picky about laundry, and after trying it, she made a big batch for herself!
I got to get my hair colored last week. My mother-in-law does it for me for free at her shop, and I felt 10 years younger getting all that gray out!
I'm also thankful that Jack is finally asleep so I can go take a shower!
Have a great week!

1 comment:
What a wonderful post. Full of blessings. My favorite part was the baby's reaction to the chocolate, much like my own when it comes to chocolate! I always wondered about the homemade detergents. I've seen many posted on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing the smiles and blessings. May God continue to send you many more blessings, Belle L.
Post a Comment