Sunday, October 14, 2012

Church, family, and missing puppy

Today was another lovely day at church. After the service we enjoyed a great lunch with family and friends at a favorite sushi place.

From there we stopped by the animal shelter. Sadly our much loved dog Pancho has been missing for a couple of days, and we were seeing if perhaps animal control had picked him up. He wasn't there, which was actually somewhat of a relief, because getting him back would have involved some expense if he had been. Honestly, he's done this a couple of times before, and both times there was a girlfriend involved, so I'm pretty sure he's off getting his doggy groove on somewhere. That said, we would really appreciate your prayers that he comes home soon. Morgan especially is worried sick.

After we got home Nick and I took a quick nap with Jack, then we all headed back to church. Nick has been running the sound booth for the church for a couple of months now. One of the ministries at our church is that they provide for free as many CD and/or DVD copies of each service as you request. There are a number of members who pass them out to friends/family members/shut-ins. With the revival just ended there were a ton of requests to get caught up on, so after the service I helped him get them all packaged and separated.

From there he went home and the kids and I went to Wal-Mart for toilet paper, shave gel, etc.

Nick had planned on spanking me tonight, but Jack was a live wire and Morgan was having problems getting to sleep for worrying about the dog. So it's been put off for another day at least, but he does very much mean to get to it.

It's just over 10 weeks till Christmas, so I'm ratcheting up my gift making planning. My main concern is Will, Kate's husband. I always find him hardest to  get for just because he has everything already, and he's so far out of our league financially that I feel like most things I can come up with that I can make or afford would be kind of cheesy or pointless. Last year I got him some coasters, and I made him some etched glass steins with mustaches on them. But his very favorite gift was a bucket full of candy bars, so I plan on repeating that this year. He has a huge sweet tooth, so I'm going to make some peanut brittle too, but beyond that I'm not terribly sure. I'm toying with the idea of making matching father/son bow ties for him and Maddox, but I'm not sure how he feels about bow ties, or matching your kid for that matter. I do plan on making a bow tie and matching bow tie onesie for Grant and Logan, who got to come home from the hospital yesterday, by the way.

Anyway, that was today, blessings and just life in general.

Have a great night!



No comments: