Monday, November 01, 2010

Plenty to be thankful for!

I've found myself wanting to complain a lot the last few days - I'm tired, we don't have enough money to pay the bills, my laundry is overwhelming, the baby and I have both been sick, I still haven't gotten that birthday spanking (which is turning into a desperate need by this time!), blah, blah, blah...

BUT, here's the thing. Despite all of that, my life is incredibly blessed. I have innumerable blessings, showered on me by a God full of grace. And so this month, I'm going to stop giving voice to my ingratitude and start concentrating on what I'm thankful for! To start with:

I'm thankful that the cold Daisy and I have shared seems to have both skipped Nick and Morgan and be on it's way out the door for both of us.

I'm thankful that my photography business has brought in $380 in the last month.

I'm thankful that Morgan made the AB Honor Roll this quarter.

I'm thankful that I've found enough coupons and good deals that I've been able to buy 3 nice Christmas gifts and 4 nice birthday gifts for less than $34 total.

I'm thankful that in this time with no health insurance I can still take Daisy to the Health Department to get her immunizations at no charge.

I'm thankful that I finally get to be a stay at home mom.

I'm thankful that our new church home is such a fantastic place and is so very full of the Spirit.

And right now I'm thankful that I get to go crawl in bed and snuggle my sleeping husband!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Tracy, gratitude is a very healthy emotion.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Tammy said...

It helps me as well in times of stress to remember that the good usually outweighs the bad.
I will keep your family and your situations in my prayers.
Tammy

grace said...

Great list!

It's so easy to get caught up in the negative that we forget the positive!

HUGS!
grace

AngelBrat said...

Thanks for commenting, guys. It was great to hear from all of you!