Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today is Veteran's Day here in the states, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I'm incredibly thankful for those who do or did serve in the military. From my father to my old boss to former schoolmates all the way down to the kid whose senior picture I shot for the yearbook back in March, they are all brave for making the commitment they made, and we owe them our freedom.

I'm also thankful for the laminate flooring my parents bought for us to put in the girls' rooms. The carpet in both rooms has been pretty much trashed by 9 years of kids, mechanic's boots, and potty training puppies, and it was basically unsalvageable. We've wanted to replace it for a long time (more urgently since Daisy started crawling), but haven't had the money. My mom and dad decided to just go ahead and get it for us, and Nick got most of Daisy's room finished tonight.

Anyway, I'm sooo tired and ready for bed, so it's a short list tonight. 'Night all!

3 comments:

PK said...

I remember when we pulled up the carpet in our kids rooms a couple of years ago. Nick came to me and said "I hate to tell you but it looks like the kids have been slaughtering animals in their rooms when we're not looking." Like you, between the spilled red and purple drinks, pets and who knows what I was thrilled to see that carpet GO!

Hugs,
PK

Jean said...

I too am very thankful for those that have given their time, life ad those that are giving. That's great you are able to get their rooms done.

AngelBrat said...

LOL, PK, that's just what it looked like!

Thanks, Jean - always nice to hear from you! :)