So here's how my thoughts have been running for the last month or so:
Back when I got spanked (and spanked, and spanked, and...) for the car fiasco, there was a moment, just a moment, when Nick got pretty exasperated with the whole thing. Now when I say "the whole thing", I don't mean me being an idiot and driving the clutch out of my car. I mean the whole DD thing. And when I say "pretty exasperated", I don't mean that he said so much as one word along the lines of this being silly, or played out, or any of that. It was just a tone of voice, just a fleeting expression when I asked if we would be continuing our little lesson on listening that night. "Yes, honey - I haven't forgotten."
But I know my husband pretty well, and that one nuance ripped the veil of sincerity off the whole punishment for me. So I decided, all by my lonesome, that once I was through this, I was going to just let the whole of DD die a quiet death. For oh, the entire time he's been spanking me, I've been partly or completely convinced that if I never brought it up again, neither would he. I didn't want anything about our marriage to be a sham, and I just wasn't going to force it on us any more.
And I've been through the whole I'll-make-the-sacrifice-and-give-this-up-because-it's-just-not-him bit. But that's the thing. I always felt it as a sacrifice. And this time was different. This time I had almost brought myself around to where I could live at peace with it. It became a vision of not just an easier life for him, but an easier, less dramatic life for me as well. I decided that I could live quite well without the emotional roller coaster of wondering every time it came up if I was being too much for him. I realized I could save money by not bringing home one more implement or pervertable that might not ever get used. I began to completely avoid the kitchen and school supplies aisles at Wal-Mart.
I kept quiet on the blog to give things time to settle down, to ease the whole possibility out of his mind, because every time I blog about spanking, it's like a big neon sign for him that says "HEY! YOUR WIFE LIKES SPANKING! GET ON THAT, WILL YA?!"
And I was doing pretty well. The pull was easing off. I wasn't automatically diving off into fantasyland every time I saw his belt threaded through the belt loops of his jeans. I quit looking for that certain meaningful Look in his eyes whenever he asked me if I would do some laundry. And I had gotten very good at checking any sneaky remaining impulses by quietly reminding myself that "things are different now - you're done with this."
Oh, I didn't plan to give up being a spanko, as if that's even a possibility. I was going to keep my blog, keep posting little spanko stuff I found, once the new normal had a strong enough grip to keep him from feeling obligated by it. I was going to keep putting myself to sleep with memories of spankings past and fantasies of spankings never realized. And there was always going to be the occasional spanking in bed, which I would definitely appreciate, but certainly never ask for.
I was playing an old familiar game of let's-see-how-long-he-goes-without-bringing-it-up, but this time it was with an eye toward reaching some magic date of DD eradication rather than a childish tally of how many days I could stuff down my needs. And for me this quiet goal was hovering around my birthday. If I could only make it to the 17th and past the implied expectation of a birthday spanking, I would be mostly there. And if I could carry it two more days, I could silently celebrate two full months since my last punishment. I had done my mourning and made peace with my new perfectly normal life.
Then on Sunday night, right before bed, he stretched and yawned and said, "We have something we're going to take care of tomorrow night." Well, crap. Now what was this all about? What it was all about was the laundry that had been sitting in the den clean and folded (by him) for a month or so. Granted, part of it had been put up and I had also added new clean clothes to the pile, but I had told him I would put it all away. But seriously, now, just when I was getting comfortable with my new viewpoint? So I very casually said, "Okay. I'm going to go on up to bed." Just like he hadn't totally undermined a month of reconditioning of my little spanko brain. And I went to bed wondering how in the heck I was going to get past this wrinkle... and fuming because as I climbed under the covers my stomach was flipping and the rest of my body was rebelling by reacting in those familiar and apparently not so decimated ways.
By Monday afternoon I had convinced myself that if I played it low key enough, he might very well just forget. It wouldn't have been the first time, and it would be even easier to let it slip by the next evening. So I very deliberately made no reference to his announcement of the night before. In fact, I didn't even put up the laundry, so afraid was I that it would trigger his memory and his sense of duty.
It was getting late, and I was feeling pretty confident when he turned to me and said, "We have something to take care of." And though my brain was racing furiously, I couldn't come up with a thing to say, so much so that when he brought out the Cane-IAC Jr with holes, I just sat in my chair looking thoughtful.
"Trying to figure out some way to talk me out of this?" he asked. "No," I answered slowly, coming up hard on the realization that I was going to have to let him in on my new viewpoint after all. Immediately following that bit of enlightenment was the sudden sure knowlege that however sincere I was, it was all going to sound pretty suspect in the face of a hard paddling. But I tried. I stumbled around and muttered something along the lines of, "Well, it's just - see, I've been thinking - I mean, I kind of thought maybe it was time that we just let this go. I mean, not the laundry, the whole thing. You've given me, well, it's been almost five years, and I kind of thought we were done with this."
"Who told you that?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.
"Well, it's, I mean, this is kind of silly."
"What this is, is you standing up and getting a spanking. Now come on."
"Seriously, Nick, I'm not trying to get out of this, I just don't - "
"Now."
So I got up, and realized all of a sudden that whatever my grand notions, Nick's place as head of the house had taken on a whole new reality for me. He really was mad about the laundry. This wasn't something he was doing in response to any sort of cue from me. He actually meant this.
And then I realized, uh, there was actually going to be a spanking. It turns out that the only thing about me that had truly embraced life without discipline was my bottom. 6o swats turned into 80 turned into somewhere just over 100 because my poor, out-of-practice backside wouldn't stay put. And I was crying in the first 25 swats, tears that lasted and increased through the spanking and the 15 minutes afterwards when I had to stare at the laundry and think about why I'd been punished.
When it was all over, I tried to explain to him that I had meant what I said, that if he wanted to just go back to life without DD, I wouldn't be mad at him. And I tried to explain what started it all for me, that little moment back a month and a half ago and how I didn't want it if it wasn't going to be real. What he told me was that he doesn't want to play games, but that there are times (like with the laundry) when he really does see a spanking as the best option. He doesn't see everything as a punishment issue that I do, but he's happy with having the option to spank me if I need it, and "the dog isn't going back in its cage."
"But I just don't want this to be something you do just for me."
"It's not," he assured me. "It's something I do for me too. Things work better for us this way, and we're not going to stop doing it. It's not your choice, and this is how it's going to be from now on."
The rest of the night was lovely, no more tears, although there were certainly some loud cries of passion. Today I'm still sore and pretty bruised too, but I feel like this has finally become really genuine for me and for us. Oh, and I put that laundry up yesterday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Aw that sounds absolutely amazing!
That sounds like the best moment to have in the world!
I'm happy for you.
Hugs,
Naomi
We don't do DD, but I can really relate to that feeling of is he going to or isn't he. I watch for signs that he might want to spank, all the time.
Sometimes I feel that I'm making him spank me because that's what I need, but he doesn't particularly care about doing it. Not that I could ever really make him do something he didn't want to do. It just feels that way.
Then we reconnect, and I know he enjoys it every bit as much as I do.
Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs.
Hermione
That was beautiful AngelBrat! I am sooo happy for you two.
This was amazing to read because I have struggled with this same insecurity about dd...does he only do it for me? I'll wonder if he is only play acting and then I'll convince myself that he is. I haven't gone so far as to come to grips with just making the sacrifice and letting it go for his sake. I think that was really unselfish of you. Instead, I'll just start getting angry and distant until he reins me in again. He assures me that he needs and loves having a "tool" in his arsenal for fixing things between us and that it really isn't my choice anymore. Most of the time I believe him, but once in a while I'll zero in on some comment or nuance that throws me into a tailspin. Anyway, your post helped me a lot. I'm glad that you and your hubby are well and BOTH at peace and in love with each other and your dd life. I love my husband so much and feel so connected to him...especially when I know he is in charge. Thanks for sharing your story.
Marie
Thank you so much for sharing your heart :)! That post came at the perfect moment for me! :)
April
Tracy, this is great, glad that you got that sorted.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
this sounds so much like me. I think we all do that. If we were the ones that brought it to our husbands, then there is that underlining fear that maybe , just maybe they are not really into it. If this is disrespectful I apologize and I will totally understand if you erase it. but I wanted to invite you to my little group. it is a cdd group on cafemom. we all talk about these feelings we have. ups, downs etc. and it is only women allowed. God bless you.........love Julie , love your blog
http://www.cafemom.com/group/spankedgirlsgroup
Thank you so much for your amazing comments, everyone - you guys are the best!
Julie, I didn't think it was at all disrespectful - you're right on the money! And thank you for the invitation. I can't promise I'll have much time to participate, but I'll definitely check it out!
Tracy,
This is really amazing. There must be something in the air - or the laundry these days. I miss this post until tonight (Saturday) but I had such a similar experience last Thursday and I just posted about it. How very strange. I'm happy for you.
PK
Hi, I don't post here ever but, I read that and was so... moved. I know that sounds lame, but we all have our doubts about the things we need being the things our partners need and this was a wonderful example of communication and things working out well. It made me really happy to read this.
Girl, thank you - I appreciate the comment!
I am a lurker and I just wanted to thank you for that post. It was everything I had been feeling and over the last two months I have come to terms with the fact that my other half doesn't want to do it. Your post made me understand that I wasn't alone and it spoke to me in a way I could have never imagined. Thank you so much.
Anonymous, thank you so much for reading, and for your lovely comment. It always amazes me how many of us experience the same feelings, and I'm so very glad this spoke to you.
Hugs,
Tracy
Post a Comment