Hey, guys. Not much going on here lately, so I've not posted much. Life is going okay, kind of tight financially, but otherwise pretty smooth sailing. The new-to-me car is doing great, work is going okay, Morgan's doing well in school. I have one more week to work till my next vacation. We won't be doing much, but I'm looking forward to the time off. Nick is thinking he may put in for his vacation pay but still work most of the week to help us get caught up on things, but maybe we'll get a day or two alone in there.
Can you believe it's only 11 1/2 weeks till Christmas? I don't even want to think about it! Once upon a time I started my shopping in August, but that's tough to do these days. One positive note is that I have the week of Christmas off this year, so I'll have time to put together some homemade food gifts. Last year I had to work all week and I made hard candy for a lot of our non-immediate family gifts - about killed myself! I think this year I'll do jar recipes. We got one of these one year and loved it! And I just so happen to have a whole collection of jar recipe books that Morgan's school sold for a fundraiser a couple of years ago. There's something for every taste, from soups to cookies, so I know I can cover a lot of people with these. And no watching a boiling pot of candy!
Anyway, that's life for us these days. How are things with you guys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tracy,
I've made jars of dog biscuit ingredients plus a cookie cutter (shaped like a bone, cat or squirrel) to sell as a fundraiser. It was so much fun to do.
I think jar recipes will be a great gift and Morgan can help make them.
Hugs,
Hermione
What a cute idea, Hermione! And I have an animal lover friend that that would be perfect for!
Post a Comment