Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy

Yippee! Nick is back home safe with me! He got back around seven last night, and we went out and had a nice dinner as a family. I'm so very glad he's home! He enjoyed his trip, learned a lot at school, got to drive around some really high-end cars, and had lots of nice meals on the company expense account. I'm a little jealous!

Before he left, he told me that he wanted the house clean when he came home. Now it really wasn't that bad before he left. Since my last big encounter with the AngelBrat Paddle I've done my best to keep on top of things. So it was a pretty simple request to have it clean for him to come home to. I had big plans to concentrate one one room each night he was gone.

Then Tuesday I went to the bookstore. Okay, you may not know this about me, but I like to read. A lot. It's one of my favorite pastimes. In fact, I'm physically incapable of having a meal alone without reading something. If I forget my book on my lunch break at work, I've been known to read junk mail, or one of Morgan's school books, or even my car owner's manual. So yeah, I like to read. And there's a great used book store in our city. The price for paperbacks ranges anywhere from 25¢ to $4.50, usually less than half the publisher's printed price. But the best part is their trade feature. You can bring in your own already-read books and trade them for others. Now they don't give you trade credit for quite the same amount that they charge for the book to be re-sold or re-traded, but still, you're getting something back, and you can always get more than you have trade credit for and pay for the rest in cash.

So on Tuesday my mom took Morgan home with her after school, which is a pretty regular Tuesday thing for them, and I took my bag full of books from my last trip back to the bookstore. And boy did I get books! I got probably 14 or 15, a couple even that I'd already read and wanted to read again. Then I went to pick up Morgan, and I went home and read. Tuesday night I read this one:



Wednesday I read this one:



Thursday I read this one:



And Friday I was well into this one:



I really love Harlan Coben's books.

So maaaaaybe I didn't spend as much time concentrating on the house as I had planned. Now don't get me wrong, it still wasn't bad when he got home. The kitchen in fact looked fabulous (perhaps due in part to mine and Morgan's patronage of all things fast food while he was gone, but I did some cleaning on it too!). But the rest of the house, well it looked more or less like it had when he left.

So there might be a small spanking in my future. I say small because that's what I'm hoping for. Of course I suppose there could instead be a medium or even a large spanking in my future. But there's going to be a spanking pretty much either way.

Even so, I'm so very glad to have him back!

5 comments:

Paul said...

Tracy, so glad that you are part of the reading club, if I'm alone i always read with my meals.
Even if Nick spanks you, little, medium or big, you will probably enjoy what fallows anyway.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

my grandmother bought me Sam's Letters to Jen a couple summers ago for my birthday. She and I are tight just like Sam and Jen...I love that book and have every attention of naming a baby after my grandma (well I intended this long before the book).

Big Hugs
Mary
xoxo

Reesa Roberts said...

Hi, Tracy, glad your man's back home safe and sound. Looks like you spent the time alone wisely, LOL!

Huggs,
Reesa

Caryagal said...

Ooh! I'm so glad he is back too! I love to read too, unfortunately, there just isn't time now in my life! PLan on doing lots of catching up once the kids are older though!

:-)
Carye

AngelBrat said...

Paul, it tuens out you were quite delightfully right. :)

Mary, it was a wonderful book - I loved it!

Thanks, Reesa. There might be some differig opinions on the wisdom of how I passed the time though. LOL.

Thanks, Carye! I know how hard it can be with just one kid to find time to breathe - I can't imagine how you do it! You have my awe!