Monday, September 24, 2007

The Laundry Monster...

...has struck again. Right on my backside of course. Last night Nick dealt with the ongoing clothes pile issue with me. Our washer and dryer are located in our garage, just outside the kitchen door. This is the only place they will fit in our house, and unforunately this means that the dirty laundry also gets piled outside the kitchen door. Okay, this is just logistically how things are if there's any laundry at all to be done, and my husband the mechanic and expert dirty laundry creator, sire of Morgan the professional outfit soiler understands this.


What he does not understand is the tendency of this laudry pile to grow to the point that it forms a well padded pathway to the door, getting constantly trampled underfoot by Morgan, myself, and his own mechanic's boots. I know that this is his pet peeve, and I try to keep the floor clear, but to be honest, sometimes it's easier to step over a pile and think, "I'll get it later."


Last night's 250 swat sonata played with both his hand and the fish paddle was all about convincing me of the level of ire which this raises in him. Don't get me wrong, he took my recent hard work in getting the house neat into account, which is why the swat count wasn't somewhere in the 500's and I also got to keep my panties for the first 200. But rest assured that when I came home today the first thing I did was clear a very neat area in front of the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch, on the swats but loved the picture

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, histrazure. :)