Nick went to a car show out of town this weekend, so I've been doing the all alone/single parent thing. The all alone part was Friday and Saturday morning - Morgan spent the night with a friend. I was sick and woke up late Friday morning, so Nick took Morgan to school before he left. It turns out that in his hurry he forgot to lock the back door and turn on the alarm. Well, I didn't get home till fairly late, because I used the kid-free time to do some clearance shopping (with his permission). I was a little freaked out to come home and find the house unlocked and the alarm off, especially since it was late and I was alone. I grabbed a sharp knife (okay, it had barbecue sauce on it, but who does dishes at a time like that?) and stalked through the house, opening closets and yanking back shower curtains. Of course everything was undisturbed, so feeling a bit foolish, I put the knife in the sink and unloaded the car.
I just hung out with a book for a while, then played on the computer, catching up on blogs and such, then went to bed. Saturday afternoon I picked Morgan up and took her to get some lunch. We came home and took a nap, then went up to the cabin for Nick's family's annual fish fry.
This morning Morgan and I slept in and then went to have lunch and go to our local used book store. Now we're back home and just waiting for Nick to get back. I know he had fun, and I'm glad he had the opportunity to go do something like this with his friends, but I sure will be glad to have him back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This was my Nick free weekend too! Mine Nick was golfing. Didn't really get any time away from the kids though. I am so bad about locking the house. I guess I still feel like I am living in the 50's. I often go off and leave the house unlocked. I never think about it. And sometimes I forget to lock it at night. Not something that makes Nick happy!!
Hugs,
PK
Sounds like a pretty nice weekend overall. Wash the knife!
Huggs
Theresa
I am happy you had a relaxing weekend. Just wondering you would have gotten in trouble for leaving the door unlocked? I would have!!
Love,
Cassie
I had PS this weekend thankfully! I loose him for 5 nights this month. bummer... Sounds like you had an exciting weekend. I bet it took a while to shake off that freaked out feeling. I would have taken a long time to calm down. I'm sure Nick is home by now and hopefully you've had some time to reconnect :-)
Hugs,
Carye
Tracy, good that Nick is back. I wonder if vanilla couples miss each other as much as we do in similar circumstances.
It seems, despite Nicks absence, your week-end wasn't too bad.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
PK, you sound just like my Nick - he never purposely leaves the door unlocked, but it happens occasionally, and it drives me nuts! I'm a scaredy cat though. :)
Thanks, Theresa. I did. :)
Thanks, Cassie. The hopeless spanko part of me would love to think so, but the truth is probably not. He's much worse about that particular issue than I am! Now leaving the stove on on the other hand...
Gosh, Carye - I'd be crying in my pillow over five days! I hope it goes quickly for you!
You're right, Paul, it wasn't too bad after all, but I sure am glad he's home!
Post a Comment