Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hello, hello

Well, I feel like I should've posted days ago, but I've just been so busy! Let's see...

Last Thursday was my birthday. I'm going to hang onto the fact that 36 is still considered my mid-thirties. The actual day was kind of lame (as for some reason it always is), but I had plenty of blessings surrounding the event. 

Kate sent me a $50 Visa gift card, which came a couple of weeks before my birthday and unfortunately had to be spent on groceries and (literally) a couple of gallons of gas for my car. It sucks when that happens, but it was still a blessing that it came when it did so that I could feed the family for a few days.

Nick got me a 2 TB external hard drive, which I've needed forever. In fact, the last wedding I shot completely filled up the hard drive on my computer before I even finished the editing, and I was in a little bit of a panic about it before he brought out the new one. 

My mom and dad of course bought our YMCA membership, and my mom also showed up on my birthday with homemade banana bread, a bag of Giardelli chocolate raspberry squares, and three small gifts "from the kids". There was a very pretty journal from Daisy, a canvas zipper tote and cosmetics case from Morgan, and a little stationary/organizer set from Jack. 

My in-laws took us all to Chick-Fil-A for my birthday, and they went in with Kelly and Grant on this Thirty-One purse for me.
Robert and Faith got me $20 to JoAnn's (yay!), and James got me $40 to Hobby Lobby (wheee!). I went to Hobby Lobby the same night and got a bunch of stuff - three different fabrics to make Christmas gifts with, some cool printed feathers to make earrings for Morgan and her cousins for Christmas, and three bags of leather scraps, which I use for all kinds of jewelry and bags. So, maybe not exactly anything for me, but I loved the shopping, and I'll probably make a thing or two for myself out of some of it. I went to Joann's yesterday and got some sweet soft baby blanket material for our upcoming additions (Faith's in November, Melanie's in December, and Kelly's in April) and a set of gorgeous stamps that I can just picture using in ornament and jewelry making.

Nick's grandmother got me a bottle of lotion from Bath and Body Works. 
And Nick also let me go to Belk and get some boots and much needed makeup. 

We've had a full and fun few weeks. Nick's stepmom's parents live about an hour and 1/2 from us, and we've only seen them a handful of times in the 14 years she and Nick's dad have been married. They're in their late seventies/early eighties, and they don't like to make the drive, so my in-laws usually drive up to see them. On the 12th Morgan randomly had a soccer game scheduled about 15 minutes from their house, so we decided to turn it into a family visit. (Actually, we were invited - we didn't just decide to barge in on them). This was our first visit there, and I took some pictures of them that I hope will be meaningful to my MIL for Christmas. On the way home Nick's parents took us out to eat at Cracker Barrel, which was a huge treat for us.

Last Monday I took Logan's one year pictures, and I'm almost done editing them.

I finally got all the engagement/rehearsal dinner/wedding pictures edited and turned over to the bride from the wedding a few weeks ago. She ended up getting around 2000 images, and let me tell you, I was glad to be done with them!

This past Saturday was our church picnic, which was a lot of fun. It was actually held at that groom's parent's house, so I got to sit with the bride as she saw all the pictures since she hijacked their TV to play a slide show on as soon as she could. :) She really liked them, which was a relief.

Sunday we tried to go to a local corn maze and pumpkin patch. I scored some super cheap tickets to it a few weeks ago on one of the daily deal sites, and I'd been anxiously awaiting surprising the kids with them. Unfortunately the place was crazy packed, and after 20 minutes of driving around confirming that there was not one parking space open on the whole farm we abandoned the plan for the day. We're going to try to go again this Saturday.

This Friday Nick and I are planning to go on a Haunted Hike, and I can't wait!

Anyway, that's what's up with us - how about you guys?

2 comments:

Aimless Rambling said...

We've been spending lots of time at our grands sporting events; that and at the beach.

Anonymous said...

Excited to hear about your haunted hike - sounds cool!