Saturday, January 17, 2009

So tell me about yourself...

Last night Morgan spent the night with my mom, which left Nick and I alone for the night. After we dropped her off, I asked him if he wanted to head for Wal-Mart and get some dinner. We needed to pick up some lotion (working in an automotive shop, Nick's skin gets really dry in the winter). But he said, "Why don't we just go home first? I need to take a shower." So home we went, and while Nick took a shower I folded some laundry.

While he was upstairs, his cell phone rang. I didn't answer it, because 9 times out of 10 it's just one if his friends, and I figured he could check it when he came down since he couldn't talk then anyway. If it was my mom, she would just call the house. Then it rang again. And again a few minutes later. Finally he yelled down and asked me if my phone was ringing. I yelled back that it was his phone. He yelled back again.

"Is YOUR phone ringing?"

"NO! My phone is still in the car!"

"Go get your phone!"

So, a little irritated by this point (seriously! It wasn't my phone ringing!) I got up, went out to the garage, and got my phone out of the car - and saw that I had six missed calls. All from home. While I was holding it, it rang again.

"Um, hello?" I answered.

"Is Tracy there?" Nick asked warmly.

"Um, she might be. I can check for you. Would you like for me to give her a message?"

"Yes, tell her I'm wondering if she's ready for our date.

"Um, I think she is."

"Okay, tell her I'll be there in less than five minutes."


Nick came downstairs while I was madly trying to find something more suitable than the fleece sweatshirt I was wearing. He looked very nice, so I grabbed a black sweater and headed for the bathroom, tossing back an apology for my incompetent message service.

Within a few minutes we headed out to the car, where he opened the door for me and got me settled. He climbed in the driver's side, started the car, and said, "So, tell me about yourself."

So for the next few hours we got to know each other all over again. We had dinner at Cracker Barrel, where he bought me a beautiful glass bird paperweight. After dinner he asked if I'd like to see a movie. Knowing that funds were tight, I suggested we check out the dollar theater. (Actually, it's recently become a $4 theater, but each ticket comes with popcorn and a drink now). This particular theater is all the way across town, but he gamely headed that way. Unfortunately when we got there, there wasn't a thing playing I wanted to see. So I suggested we stop at Wal-Mart and get a movie and take it back to "his place."

I picked out Juno, which I'd been wanting to see, we got a few other things we needed, and we headed back to the house.

We decided to get comfortable and watch Juno upstairs in the bedroom. Unfortunately, I got so very comfortable snuggled up to him that...I fell asleep! I know, I know! It's horrible! When I woke up this morning I felt terrible, and I immediately set about making it up to him. I must say, I don't usually give head on the first date, but I suppose you could consider this the second date, so I went at it with enthusiasm.

When he had recovered a bit, he very sternly let me know that I had been very rude to him, having him drive all the way across town and then changing my mind, then having the nerve to fall asleep on him, and he wasn't the type of guy to take that sort of thing. Then he very firmly bent me over the bed, pulled down my panties and showed me just what happened to such rude girls!

He spanked me soundly, then scooted me back up onto the bed to show me that all was forgiven. What a wonderful first date - I'm in love!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! Loved this story, sounds like it all worked out in the end. ;)

Janeen

PK said...

I love it !! What a special guy you have. More couples should do something like this. I am so happy to know you made up for your rudeness.

Hug,
PK

Paul said...

Tracy, what a great story and a wonderful ending, I agree with both your commenters all dates should end like that.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great Date Night and Morning..You've got a wonderful and creative Husband
Take care,
Andrades Girl

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, everyone! I'm very, very blessed indeed!

Jean said...

That was so sweet. It sounded so nice