So how's everyone been doing lately? I know it looks like I've completely dropped out of bloggerland, but I'm still here, I promise. A couple of weeks ago my hard drive on my laptop completely crashed, and I lost a lot of good stuff. Fortunately most or all of my family pictures were saved in my gmail history, and most of my spanko stuff is on here. Unfortunately we lost a tremendous amount of music. We had over 5,000 songs in our iTunes, most of which are gone now. Most of those were songs we had loaded from CD's (ours and other's), so it's not like we had that much money in it, but still, we had probably $400 worth of actual purchases on there. What really sucks it that until about a week before this happened we had the whole library stored on Nick's iPod just as a backup until we could copy it all to the external hard drive I got not long ago. Then Nick got tired of scrolling through hundreds of artists, and he took off all but about 190 songs. A positive note is that iTunes let us redownload part of our purchases for free. Songs that had been changed or deleted from the store since we bought them couldn't be restored, so we didn't get everything back, but we were able to restore 250 items.
Anyway, I've just now got my laptop back up and running, so that's part of why I haven't been posting as much. As for the rest of it, well, I just haven't had much to post about. There's been no spanking whatsoever, not even the much advertised birthday spanking. And I've not really given him any reason, other than the fact that I've been stressed over any number of things and could just use my reset button pushed, but lately it's just seemed like it would feel awkward and forced. So I haven't asked. And I haven't expected him to offer, because that would require a response from me, and I know that the one I would give would be to blow it off, because I am in that place where I cannot ask.
So for now I'm spending my time restoring my laptop to it's old familiar self and working on getting our house clean. Nick and I in fact have spent the last week doing some heavy cleaning, finally fixing the hundred little things that always need fixing in a home but always seem to get pushed to the side. I've spent hours going through Morgan's old clothes and toys and getting rid of things outgrown. The house actually looks great right now with the exception of our bedroom and the still large (but much smaller than it was) pile of laundry.
I hope you guys have all been well. I'm still reading blogs and enjoying peeking at other people's day to day living. Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Tracy, happy to see you.
H/D crash is hard luck, glad to see that you were able to rescue most of your data.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
So sorry you lost the hard drive! That sucks big time!
I need to clean my house too! Want to come and help?
HUGS!
grace
Sorry about your drive crash. I just went through that too.
i know ,i know you need a reset. Its coming....soon. Love you
Post a Comment