Thursday, April 20, 2006

Out

Yesterday I told my best girlfriend about This. And by This, I mean DD and the fact that we practice it. Did she run screaming for the hills? Did she call the police? Did she try to have me committed? Nope! She was every bit the friend I should've known she would be. She didn't judge or doubt me. She asked the questions she had and she listened to my answers. And she said that while the spanking probably doesn't have a place in her marriage as discipline, finding out more about this has connected some dots for her in her marriage.

So I asked her if she was going to read here. She said that she probably would, and I started to get really nervous. What if she decided I was a freak after all (I mean really, should anyone like spanking this much? The answer of course is yes, but do I think rationally? No, of course not.)? What if she thought bad things about Nick? What if she hates the whole blog? So, I came home and tried to look at the blog with the eyes of a pretty vanilla newcomer (that happens to like me). And you know what I found?

This is a pretty darn good blog! Okay, I'm not trying to brag, but I realized that I've put my heart into this, and I'm proud of it. There's nothing here that's not really me. And the things I've written about Nick are honest and filled with love, and anyone who knows me at all will be able to see the genuineness there. And I really hope she likes it, but I'm not worried about it anymore. Because even if she doesn't, that doesn't mean she doesn't like me, and it doesn't diminish what I've created here.

Sooo, if you're reading here, R, I hope you like it, and thank you for being such a great, honest, open friend.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Tracy,

"Pretty darn good?"

I think your blog is sensational. You should feel proud of it. It's cleanly designed, clearly written, and relentlessly honest.

Thanks for everything you do here.

AngelBrat said...

Bonnie, this was the BEST comment I could've woken up to! Thank you!

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bonnie...your blog is great!!! And I'm so impressed that you told your vanilla friend...I have a vanilla friend that I'd love to tell, but I don't know...

*hugs*
Tigger

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tigger...I have a best friend who I had a hard time telling her I was bi, never mind into spanking. I just don't think she would understand. I think it's great you told your friend...
Your blog is awesome. You should be very proud. And I love the scrolling thing you put in.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Isn't that such a great feeling,outing yourself to a friend and getting the reaction you hoped for.
You have nothing to worry about Tracy, as Bonnie says, your blog is sensational, and as the possessor of one of the best filled pair of jeans on the net, she should know. Only joking Bonnie. :-)
Hugs,
Paul

Anonymous said...

I applaud you for having the courage to come out! Ever since I have met people in person through Dd I don't have the need to tell my best friend because they have become our best friends. Being able to really talk and go out to dinner with people that you know totally understand where you are coming from is great. It lets you finally be who you are. I hope this happens for you with R! And your blog is one of the classiest and tasteful blogs out there in cyberspace! You have a lot to be proud of and no one could think badly of you or Nick! R will really be able to appreciate how much your marriage means to you and Nick.
angel

AngelBrat said...

Thank you so much, guys - I hope it's s decision I don't regret.

Caia said...

Thats so great you were able to tell your friend. I told my best friend about DD and she was just happy that I found something that made me so happy:) A true friend will always love you, no matter what you shock them with!

Caia

Anonymous said...

I respect and admire you, Tracy. And I read your blog regularly because of how genuine you are. Angel, how right you are. When we all got together, it was already like we had known one another all our lives....so comfortable right from the start....because we already knew so many "inside" things about one another. I'm thankful every single day for my on-line (and now off-line, too) friends.

Thanks for sharing your life with us, Tracy!
Kristi

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, Caia and Kristi - you guys are both awesome!

Hugs,
Tracy