Nick graciously spent a lot of his first 5-days-off period cleaning the house, which I didn't ask him to do. He doesn't expect me it do it all myself, and he knew that it would be much easier for me to maintain a clean house than to get it to that point to start with. And he's right of course. Since then I've been very diligent about straightening up every room before we go to bed at night, which has definitely needed to be done. It's easy to let things get to be a mess with a four-year-old who might, for instance, leave a paper napkin laying on the couch within easy reach of the puppy who likes to shred such things.
Anyway, the sinus infection part of whatever was wrong with me has gotten worse, and I've been battling a pretty much constant headache behind my right eye. But it seems to be a bit better this morning, so maybe I'm headed out of the woods.
Nick's really enjoying his new job, and I'm loving the fact that he's got so much time off (not just for cleaning, although that was very nice.)
He suprised me Tuesday by showing up to have lunch with me at work, and it's been wonderful just knowing he's had some time to decompress. Also, my mom hasn't had to really spend much time watching Morgan, because most days last week Nick was home so she could just drop her off right after school. Thursday he called his dad, and he and Nick's stepmom agreed to watch her so we could go out to dinner together. I love having my husband home!

3 comments:
*grin*
I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well for you guys!!!
And I soooooo love the bathbrush!!! It has quite a delicious sting to it!!!
*hugs*
Tigger
Tracy,
Please take good care of yourself and i hope you feel better soon!
Thanks, Tigger and Bonnie!
**Hugs**
Tracy
Post a Comment