Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fresh snow and a new start

Well, I'm sitting here doing something unusual for me: watching the snow fall outside my window. I know, I know, it's February, and all over the country people are cursing the white stuff and wishing for July. But we just don't get that much of it, and it's still magical to me.

The crappy part here is that Morgan, who has never seen a really heavy snowfall and has been pining to make a snow man since this winter's first flurry, is down with some sort of virus. Right now she's asleep, but I dread telling her when she wakes up that she's too sick to go play in the snow. I'm not over-cautious, but she spent last night throwing up, and I'm just not going to take her out in the cold.

In other news, Nick got a new job! He's going to be working at a different dealership, and it's going to be a lot better. Because the place he's going to is so much busier than the one he's been at, he'll have a lot more time off, and make better money! I know, sounds too good to be true, but the husband of a lady in management at my job has worked there for 11 years, and he brought home twice what Nick did last year, working the same schedule Nick will be working. True, I'm sure he makes more after 11 years than Nick is starting at, but the average salary there is still about 25% more than we're used to.

This job offer came up really suddenly, and we spent a lot of time in prayer over it. Today is his last day at the old place, and he starts his new shift over there on Wednesday. To be honest, we've had it in our hearts for a year how wonderful it would be for him to get on at this particular dealership, but they never have openings, because they have such a small turnover rate. Nick's old boss at his current job got hired there about three months ago as head of the service department, and when they expanded enough to need a couple more mechanics, he reached out. God really opened a door here, and we're very grateful.

7 comments:

C's Correction said...

Well that is a good start to the New Year! Congratulations to Nick! More time and more money... that is excellent news!

I'm really happy for you both!

C

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys, especially since I know how difficult it can be if you're not crazy about the job your husband has. For years, I wasn't, but thank God, my hubby has an absolutely great job now that we both love!!!

*hugs*
Tigger

Anonymous said...

Congrates to Nick i know it was heaven sent. Ohhhhh and i love the new toy and i'm jealous about the snow. Here in Texas we dont get much*sad face* Hugs

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with the new job.Suppose he deserved a better one. When you get such an offer I would accept immediately and then there is plenty of time to thank the Lord.Enjoy your blessings.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love to hear good news such as that. I would love to work half as much and make more money. Ah...dreams. Poor sick baby. Maybe the snow will stick long enough for her to step out for a minute.

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear about the baby. Sick babies suck :(

I hear about the snow in your neck of the woods, and I want it GONE by the time we get there in a couple of weeks, so let that kids get out there and make a million snowmen! lol

WTG on the job, too! :)

Take care,
Lady Calliah

AngelBrat said...

Thank you so much, everyone! :) It's always such a blessing to share good news here - you guys are always such good friends!