Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A time of Reckoning...

Sunday night was much needed. I'll be perfectly honest here: our house has been a horrid wreck this week. And most of that was because of a decidedly lackadaisical attitude about cleaning on my part. I knew things needed to get done. I knew there are only so many hours in the week. I just couldn't get my butt in gear. There was no open rebellion, no conscious "Screw him, I'd rather read a book" moment. I just couldn't get started. And the more I put it off, the easier it became to keep putting it off.

The vast majority of spankings I get are for this very thing. And believe it or not, I'm much better than I used to be. But sometimes (okay, lots of times) I need some firm incentive to get me going.

Nick decided it was time to provide some of that. Jokari came out of a several months long retirement. He had me lie on the bed, and he held me in place. He talked for a long time about the unacceptability of stepping over piles of random stuff to get in bed, to go to the bathroom, to get to the couch to watch TV. He talked about how disappointed in me he was, and I wished that he would say anything else, or even nothing at all and just start the paddling. I hate nothing worse than to disappoint him, and I was truly ashamed of myself.

He gave me fair warning that he wasn't at all sure at what point it would be over, and he started to paddle me. Oh my Lord, it hurt. He paddled me longer and harder than I'm used to, but it was so necessary. It cleared away the aching in my heart and set clear in my mind that I was there of my own doing - and that I could keep from being there again.

Afterwards, we spent some time reconnecting in a good way, and I got the opportunity to model my new thong (the black one, if you must know..)


He got me up with him when he got up for work the next morning, and brought me downstairs to the den. He laid me over the couch and spanked me again, short and hard and using his hand, which was none too gentle on an already sore bottom.

And so it was on that very sore bottom that I scooted around the bedroom a few hours later, collecting random piles of stuff. The bedroom was spotless when he got home, and I fully intend for him to see further returns on his investment.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I think Nick made quite an impression with Jokari! When you're finished with your house I'll be waiting for you to come clean mine! Didn't Nick tell you that was part of the agreement? WEG
Angel

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about just having trouble getting started...me too! And another reminder in the morning...oooooh! You've inspired me to get going on some cleaning I have to do.
Kristi

Nikki Valentine said...

Nothing motivates better or faster than a good ass whiping. It is great to have a clear clean start over feeling to help you see things clearly and get you started.

Enjoy cleaning.

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that when one actually enjoys being spanked, there isn't much incentive to do anything about cleaning up or doing what are considered your chores.

What Nick ought to do is not give you a spanking when you don't clean up and give you a spanking when the place is spick and span.

How can a spanking, no matter how severe it is, be any incentive to do anything when you enjoy the whole experience.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I understand about the can't get going thing. I am glad I don;t get spanked for that or it would never stop! The morning thing would kill me. I am mucho crankyo in the morning and I have a feeling it would be nasty..lol.

When you are done at Angel's, head over here will ya?

(Psssst, Nick, do NOT open the closet!!!!LOL)

Karyn said...

I know I could sure use some motivation around my house! This place is a sty - LOL! But I tend to do that when hubby is out of town and then I clean like a maniac a couple days before he gets home.

Anonymous said...

Well, Tracy, if Lar ever figures out that would work, I'm in trouble here, too. I have things that need to be done, but I am good at finding reasons not to get them done.

Sorry you have a sore tush, but pleased you are getting the motivation you need to get started.
huggs,
Joannie

AngelBrat said...

hehehe...I'm glad I'm not alone here.

Paul, your comment bears answering, but the answer is more than will fit here, so I'll post about it.

Dawn said...

Well, as I've mentioned before, our support system and fellowship at Trying To Soar is so helpful. We motivate each other and now our houses stay manageable. I invite you to join us, you won't regret it :)

Btw - ouch on the morning after spanking! :)

AngelBrat said...

gethky, no problem at all - I'm flattered that you wanted to include it. I don't mind my posts being shared, just so long as it done with respect and proper credit, both of which you satisfied. Thank you.

Dawn, I read there regularly, and I've considered joining several times. The fact is, I just don't have the time I'd want to be able to commit to it right now. Buuuuut....next month I'll be going to a day shift at work, as well as jumping back on the Flywagon, so if you still want me then, I'll try to join you. :)

AngelBrat said...

Janet, I can definitely sympathize. Hugs and best wishes on your move - I know what a hassle that can be too!