So here's the thing...we have a cable box that for some reason the sound will not work on. Nick's asked, then prodded, then flat out told me on several occasions to take it down to the cable office and get a new one. This is reasonable, I know. But it's not our main box; it goes to the bedroom TV, which we never watch (probably because the cable box doesn't work), so I just tend to forget about it. Plus the cable office is all the way across town, through heavy traffic and construction, usually an hour each way, and since I work until midnight, it's a pain in the ass to make that trip in the morning.
All of that said - I really have no valid excuse. I was off work until today, so time wasn't really an issue. I just mostly forgot, and when I did remember, I put it off because I just didn't want to do it.
And so, Nick decided to make his point in a less ignorable way, and he cut a rather thick switch toward that end. The switch terrifies me. Not just that particular one. All thin, whippy implements just undo me. I just can't stay still for them. That's why 25 licks turned into closer to 40. 40 is usually just a warmup for me with any other implement, but I was in tears nearly from the beginning this time. And this week, I will take back the cable box.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
At least now you'll have a place to watch TV from, where you don't have to sit down on one sore backside. That is for Nick's sake I hope it's one sore backside. Otherwise what was the purpose of giving you a switching.
Now with the TV controller in the bedroom working, you can lay comfortably on your stomach.
Oh Tracy, I'm sending you some frozen peas!
So sorry!
Angel
Hmm, there seems to be a lot of this going on today: Aaaawwwww, poor Tracy! Now your honey can try spankmercials with you (see Patty and Bethie for more on that) with you!
Actually, I do have sympathy--I'm in school and I asked for his support in doing well. Some days I'm really sorry! But I'm getting good grades!
Thanks, guys. :)
Post a Comment