I'm shamelessly stealing this from a wonderful DD forum I belong to, but the topic really spoke to me. The question was "Would you rather a longer spanking or harder and shorter?"
I'll admit - short spankings, even very hard ones, aren't the most effective for me. For me to really wrap my head around the punishment I need to spend some significant time receiving that punishment. 50 swats is usually a warmup for me. A significant number of the spankings I get run into the hundreds, and that's what I need. But there's a fine line to walk if you spank that way - too hard and I can't even recall why I'm there - I'm just trying to escape. Not hard enough and I ride it out too easily.
The most effective spankings are the ones that start out with meaningful force and build near the end. Those are the ones that bring me to tears (a big sign that the lesson is learned), the ones that I feel the next day, the ones that really associate themselves with the crime in my mind, and the ones that make me feel most loved.
One of my friends has a lot of experience with timed spankings, anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. This is something we've never done, but I can see the effectiveness. When I know I'm getting say, 150 licks, I'm counting in my head even if Nick doesn't make me count them aloud. I admit, it's a coping mechanism, one I use without thinking. Times that I've lost count have left me panicked. Timing the spanking would take that option from me. Five minutes can mean 100 swats or 500, or anywhere in between. There's no real way to count the seconds off in your head, especially if your count keeps getting thrown off by the paddle landing on your bottom.
I admit, when I've done something that really needs to be dealt with, I don't want Nick to just spank me. I need him to punish me. I need him to take away all the tiny ways I manage to control the experience (just getting through the numbers, wiggling out of the way to keep the paddle from landing on one particular spot, getting out of position completely). I need him to make me surrender my rebellion completely and come back to the sweetness he knows is in me.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I liked this question, too, Tracy... For me, longer is better, too. The short hard ones work well to stop a temper short... but they do nothing to punish for something I'm feeling guilty over. Counting out spanks isn't something that 'helps' me to feel punished. But, sometimes, Lar will do that for a particular reason... and then, it does make a difference. But, couting for the sake of counting, nope... The timed spankings... I don't know where Lar came up with that idea... He never tells me before hand, 'you are getting a ten minutes spanking...' or 'a thirty minutes spanking...' He just uses that clock to help him guage if I've had enough. When my skin is super sensitive... two minutes could be excruciating, whereas another time it would take a very long time to bring me to that level... so Lar does watch for that. He's not cruel. I need time for my mind to wrap about the spanking... and that rarely happens in a short spanking.
Timing...? I don't know... I think body language is a better indicator than counting or timing... Just my opinion... but it is Lar's decision to make. :)
huggs,
Joannie (Trying to get caught up with my blog reading... :))
I'm glad you guys understand. :)
It has been many years since I was spanked but I do remember those days and those spankings.
They were always short, 15 or 20 smacks. I know, that's nothing compared to what you all get and what I would get IF I were spanked today.
I remember feeling deprived. It just wasn't enough. So Tracy, I have to go along with you. I want long and hard, definitely.
I don't know about the timed spankings. As far as the counting, I lose count everytime.
Of course I am talking about 16 or so years ago too...
Hugs,
Janet
Janet, you always relate so well. I really hope spankings some back into play for you!
:)
Post a Comment