Monday, June 13, 2005

Sigh...another weekend over.

I had a lovely weekend as usual. Saturday was spent mostly up at the lake at the cabin where we honeymooned. It belongs to Nick's grandparents, and they were having a celebration there for all the June birthdays in the family. There were quite a few: Nick's dad, sister Kate, grandmother, great aunt, and a man named Bill, who I confess I had no clue as to his identity. He turned out to be Nick's grandmother's brother. I think. The gathering was pleasant, which is never guaranteed around "Grandmother", so we were pleased. Our little girl got to swim in the lake with her 5yo cousin Kit, and both of them took their first jet ski ride (with an adult of course). I admit, the highlight of the day for me was surreptitiously taking a picture of Grandmother with her "jet ski hair."

I just don't feel like it's really summer until I've been up to the lake. Nick and I spend a few days there every year around our anniversary, and we'll be headed up there again in a couple of weeks.

Sunday was spent sleeping late, then getting up and going out to lunch. We went to an Italian restaurant we'd never tried before, and the food was wonderful. We came back home to relax a bit more, and at one point I asked Nick if I was due a punishment for the week. The house has pretty much overcome me lately. I did put in some overtime at work, but I've also used that as a bit more of an excuse than I should have. We usually deal with spankings right before bed, but I asked him if we could go ahead and get it over with. He agreed and ordered me to the bedroom.

When I got there, he was already holding the backscratcher, and I immediately started begging him not to use it. That of course did no good, but what was strange was that I arrived fairly quickly at the realization that the arguing wasn't self-preservation. It was disobedience. I'm proud to say that at that point I immediately shut my mouth and bent over the bed. He leaned across my body, holding me down, and started spanking me. What surprised me was how very long it went on this time. He's always thorough, but this one ended up being somewhere around 300 swats. I have to admit, the time involved was good for me, and it wasn't one swat too many.

At one point during the spanking, the phone rang. Nick stopped to answer it, then carried on a brief conversation with my mom. This has happened once before, and I hate it, because for one thing, it's embarrassing to have anyone intrude on such a moment, even if they have no idea of what's going on, and for another, I have to stay in position and listen to him carry on a conversation as if nothing's out of the ordinary, all the while thinking about what's coming as soon as he hangs up. After the phone call, he told me that if I could hold perfectly still, he would only give me 50 more. I didn't move an inch, even though they were all hard ones.

After the spanking was over, we pursued more pleasurable activities. WEG.

Later, we took our daughter out to see Madagascar. It was a cute movie, well animated, and we had gift certificates left from Christmas, so all that it cost us was a nickel (that's all that wasn't covered).

It was a very satisfying weekend.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

yup, sounds like a really nice weekend. We saw Madagascar a few weeks ago - liked it, but it's not the same as a Pixar movie, don't you agree?

In any case, wtg for shutting up and accepting the fate (that you'd asked for LOL) :) You're growing :)

grace said...

Doesn't it amaze you when you actually accept your fate? It seems to me that things are alot better when we just go with it.

We have a backscracher....UUGGH! I HATE that thing.

AngelBrat said...

Janet, that drives me CRAZY! I asked him, "WHY do yo answer the phone at a time like this?" He just smiled. I'm pretty sure he's doing it on purpose.

Lady Calliah, I agree, it was no Pixar, but it was still cute. And thank you. :)

Grace, I'm learning that things do go better if I can just shut up and submit, but it's hard sometimes. And I hate the backscratcher too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would say you are one smart woman to recoginize that arguing with him was disobedience. Gpod for you!
Sounds like it was a very nice weekend!
Angel

Anonymous said...

The back scratcher is a wonderful tool! And yes, I do answer the phone on purpose. Nick

AngelBrat said...

Angel, thank you. :)

And I told you he does it on purpose! WEG.