Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Getting to bed on time.

So first of all, I brought the blog back public. I think it's been long enough for the nonsense to die down enough that it's likely that anyone who finds it via a search is doing so because they have a genuine interest in DD as opposed to a morbid curiosity.

Nick took notice of my increasingly lax attitude about my 2 AM bedtime and came down pretty hard on me Saturday night/Sunday morning. Saturday I was taking the kids to my friend Elizabeth's daughter's 5th birthday party. I made her an I Spy bag (that link is an example only and is in no way affiliated with me or this blog). It took longer than I thought it would, so I ended up working on it till about 3 AM Saturday morning. After I finished, I sat down on the couch to check my email for a minute, and pretty soon it was almost 4:00.

Nick had fallen asleep on the couch hours earlier, and he had to work Saturday, so I woke him up to get in bed, thinking I had a pretty good excuse for being up so late. Turns out he didn't think so. 

Saturday night/Sunday morning we watched TV late, both of us also playing online. I looked up and noticed it was a little after 2:00, so I got up, put in a last load of laundry, and told Nick I was going upstairs to read. A short time later he came up too, and immediately opened up the chest at the end of the bed. When I peeked around the edge of my book, I saw that he had pulled out the Jokari paddle, something that hasn't seen any use in a couple of years. Once upon a time it was his go to paddle for punishments, and it's always been a serious implement, so I gulped a bit when I saw it there on the bed. He lectured me a bit, then made me turn over. He let me keep my jeans and panties up, mostly I think because I was on my period still, and I was grateful for the reprieve. He spanked harder than usual, and longer too, 50 rather slow, hard, measured swats, then 50 just as hard but much faster swats. Then he took another few minutes to reiterate why he was spanking me. He asked me what time it was, and I had to admit that it was 2:37, and that it had indeed been after 2:00 when I'd come up for the night, despite knowing that I was already getting punished for staying up late. He told me that I was getting 37 more. I stayed quite still for the whole thing, so I didn't earn any extra for moving. 

After he spanked me, he got up and took a shower, then came back to cuddle with me a bit. He asked me if I understood why he'd had to do it, and I assured him that I did. The thing is, if I had just woken him up at 2:00 that night and asked him if I could stay up late to finish my project, he would have absolutely said yes. It was only because I was trying the whole "get forgiveness later rather than permission now" thing that I got in trouble. The fact that I've been kind of slacking off about some of the chore lately didn't do me any good either though.

Sex was out because of my period, but I spent some time showing him what a very good girl I could be, and we both went to sleep quite happy.

Please be in prayer for our finances this week. I just straight up don't have the money for the electric bill. But we've certainly been in this position before, and God has always provided, so I know that He will make a way.

Today (or yesterday now) was the first day of VBS at our church, which went well. I always forget what a whirlwind it is to do crafts, and the night flew by. Tonight we did Shrinky Dinks (not an affiliate link) and glass stone magnets for the bigger kids, and caterpillar clothespins for the youngest class. Tomorrow we're going to attempt stamped washer necklaces and painting birdhouses. 

But right now it's 1:57 AM, and I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Aimless Rambling said...

Welcome back. You are always so busy, I admire you your energy.

maryanne said...

oh i'm so glad i read your post. it's a lot like me right now. get permission later thing. totally get that. also, i helped with our churches VBS and funnily enough we did the shrinky dink thing too! however, we did it with buying the plastic cups and putting them in the oven. it has to be NUMBER SIX for them to work the same way, as shrinky dink material is plastic number six. anyway, neither here nor there, just tellin' ya. :)

now about the spanking. yeah. i have been OTK a few times lately. nothing to bring me to tears thankfully, but enough to keep me on my toes. haha

i'm so sorry about the money thing and i'm right there with you. people will say, "oh i can't afford such and such" and i don't think they're flat broke like we are flat broke. you know? :( hopefully it will turn around for us both soon.

hugs,
m.