Thursday, May 03, 2012

Just a quick post

Just popping in for a minute. This week has been lovely so far. My friend A has come over twice, and we've spent some time sewing and crafting, always fun for me. She has a baby girl 4 1/2 weeks older than Jack, and she and I were literally in the church nursery together, that's how long we've known each other. She's my oldest and certainly one of my dearest friends, and I've had so much fun spending time with her.

Monday morning Nick told me he wanted the bedroom cleaned that day. He called about 2:00 and asked if I had it done. That was one of the days A came over, so I told him I was hanging out with her at the time being and would get it done.

After she left I still had a couple of hours before he came home, so I got started, but Jack immediately became very fussy and clingy. I was caught up nursing him for a while, so I texted Nick and told him the baby was slowing me down a bit.

"No excuses" he texted back.

"But what if I can't get it done before you get home?"

"I think you know."

As it happens I did get it done before he got home, although I still need to vacuum. So anyway, I didn't get paddled, and in fact he decided to let me off the hook for some disrespect the night before that he had promised to deal with. There's theoretically still the matter of a rather expensive keyring I bought without permission, but he's not mentioned it since Monday night when he told me I was still in trouble for that, so I don't know if he'll actually deal with it or not. If I'm being honest, I don't want the spanking, but I do need to know that he means it, so I probably need it whether I want it or not. I knew when I bought it I was paying too much and that he wouldn't let me get it if he knew, but I really wanted it, so I bought it.

It seems strange to me to have him back actively in charge after so long without any sign of discipline. But it also feels remarkably like coming home, and I'm so grateful to him for making the effort.

Anyway, off to bed. Night all!

2 comments:

PK said...

I think all this sounds great. I hope it all come back!

Hugs,
PK

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, PK. :)