Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Spanky-Dinks

A couple of days ago I introduced Morgan to the wonder of Shrinky-Dinks. If you're not familiar with the product (Nick wasn't), it's a special kind of plastic that comes in sheets which can be decorated, then placed in the oven to shrink into a permanent design that is 1/3 of it's original size and 9 times thicker. We made a few keychains and other random things, one of which was a name tag for Morgan's backpack. Today she came home from school with a page of orders from her classmates. :)

Now you know that anything I can put my own spin on, I will, so of course I had to make a few personal ones for me. These are not my own designs, just images I found online and traced onto the plastic. The celtic heart is actually a tracing of my tattoo, and I also made Nick a keychain with the same verse on it. The Ephesians verse one is now adorning my own keys. :) As for the others, they're just for fun. I plan on eventually doing a set with a different implement on each so that they can be used as some sort of game tokens. Anyway, that's been my preoccupation for the last couple of days. :)





1 comment:

Jean said...

Shrinky dinks are so much fun.I had forgotten about theM!