Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday

It's Tuesday again, and this post is to express my gratitude for...my vacation!

Yep, this week I'm off from work, and I'm fortunate that Nick's job is still (for now) on a 4 day on/5 day off shift, which means I have him from this past Sunday through Thursday. Yesterday was lovely. My mom picked Morgan up for school, and Nick and I got up and took off to spend the day together. We had breakfast together, then went to our local used book store. This store takes in used books for trade or cash and I got a bunch of new to me ones for the lovingly read ones I turned in. Then, best of all, I got about twice that many from the free bin! Some books they don't accept, whether because they're worn out, too old, or maybe the store just already has a surplus of that edition. Unless the trader wants their rejects back, the store puts them outside in one of three bins for people to look through and take what they want. Apparently I stepped out just after they had taken out a big load, and I got enough good books to do me for the next few months.

Later we went to Best Buy to have the Geek Squad take a look at my laptop. Lately the ac power cord hasn't been working all the time, but I wasn't sure if it was actually the cord or the port in the back of the laptop that was the problem. If it was the port I'd have to have it repaired, which would be covered by warranty, but I'd be without it for a couple of weeks. If it was the cord, I could just order a new one, but the cord is $70, and I was pretty sure it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. The Geek Squad guy was super nice, very professional, and not interested in trying to do more than I needed him to do (a big help on a very small budget). He plugged it up, turned it on and was able to quickly point out a small place on the cord that was the problem. Okay, awesome, so I didn't need to be without my computer for a couple of weeks. But what was really awesome was that later when I called the warranty department just to check, I found out that the cord is covered by warranty! I should have a new one by the beginning of next week.


We also stopped in at a local general store downtown that I'd wanted to visit for a long time. It was awesome! I loved everything in there. The prices were very reasonable, and I was able to pick out a few things to come back for later when I do my Christmas shopping. They even have this leather flyswatter for about $15 less that I found it for at Orvis.

We also stopped at a Cingular store and found out that we could get both of our phones repaired (long story) for about $50, much less than I'd anticipated being charged for one.

Today was a leisurely sort of day. We kept Morgan home with us and just kind of hung out. Tomorrow is Morgan's class trip to the pumpkin patch. We're both going to go along, and it should be a fun time.


Happy Gratitude Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear things are going well

Paul said...

Tracy, love this sort of post, despite what some think, daily life is interesting.
Being grateful for what life brings is the best sort of gratitude.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

I love days like this when I am out and about with my Love getting all those worrisome little things done.