Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gratitude...Wednesday

I just have to tell you guys how very good God has been to us today!

First of all, the whole lost pet saga actually got worse yesterday (yes, this story gets better). Besides the dog that disappeared a few months ago (and the one that disappeared on Monday), Morgan has had a turtle since we went to the beach last year. Now she's been very diligent with Franklin the turtle, feeding him daily, talking to him, etc...

Nick actually fed him on Sunday because he had to add some water to his aquarium. Monday, in all the uproar over the dog, Morgan forgot to feed him, which is not a huge big deal for just one day. Well yesterday she went to feed him and...he was gone. Just not there at all. We searched all around, certain he'd somehow miraculously climbed out of his aquarium (a mind-boggling feat in itself) and fallen to his untimely death. Two pets gone in two days!

Understandably, Nick and I were kind of down last night. Between all the pain Morgan was going through over the pets and a very tight budget lately and for the foreseeable future, things were feeling kind of bleak.

But today...well, today was one big blessing! To start with, today was the kick-off of a new sales program at my job. Sales is not a huge part of my position, but there are some opportunities to supplement your paycheck a little. With the new program they've increased commission on those sales by 33%.

Nick also had a phenomenal day commission-wise at work.


When we came home from work today, Franklin was hanging out in Morgan's floor, quite alive.


Then I opened our car insurance bill to find that our monthly premium for the next year has gone down by $38.00.

And best of all, a friend who knew we were looking for another puppy for Morgan sent me a message telling me to call her mom about one she was looking for a home for. It turns out the mom breeds Chihuahuas. She sells the puppies for between $300 and $500, and she's going to give Morgan one for free!

Happy Gratitude Tuesday Wednesday!

9 comments:

Paul said...

Tracy, yay, some good news, blessings come from the most unexpected quarters.
Such good news about the turtle and a new puppy, I'll bet Morgan is in bliss land.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

lunaKM said...

Yay! Just amazing. What a wonderful day you have had! :)

--luna
luna's Journey

grace said...

Sometimes you just never know what will be around the corner!

God certainly was looking down upon your little family today!

HUGS!
grace

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, Paul, Luna, and Grace. We were certainly blessed!

Hugs,

Tracy

Caryagal said...

WOW What an awesome day! Blessings come from so many places and just when you need them sometimes!

Hugs!

Carye

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are looking up - I'm glad. Love your new picture, but can't access the links you've left because they are all behind it. Am I missing something?

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Carye. :)

Thank you, anonymous. I'm not sure what you mean about the links behind the picture...are you maybe using Firefox?

Anonymous said...

Nope, Safari, and the lovely lady in the black thigh high boots covers up all the forum links:(

AngelBrat said...

Anonymous, I'm so sorry you're running into this! I think it will work fine for you in either IE or Firefox, but I'll also put up a post including all of them for you.