Sunday, July 29, 2007

Update

Hello, everyone. Sorry for the lack of posting around here lately. It's been a busy rest of the week. Thursday when I came home Nick was a bit sick, so we just kind of hung out.

Friday he decided to tackle some lawn chores. Unfortunately during the execution of said chores he nearly executed one of his fingers! He was trimming a bush by the porch with his electric hedge trimmer when the cord drifted into the path of the blade. He reached forward to swipe it away and got his finger caught! It was an awful cut - very, very deep, right down the end of his finger, through the nail and all. Being the manly man that he is, he couldn't be persuaded to go to the ER, but I did get my brother (a surgical tech) to come by and force him to stop doing the yard work!

Yesterday we went to the hospital to see my papaw, who seems to be doing pretty well, although he's still a bit confused and is having some speech difficulty. Afterwards we went to see The Simpson's Movie, which was pretty funny, although probably not worth the $23.00 it took for the three of us.

A few days ago I got up the courage to tell Nick I needed a spanking just because, although that hasn't happened yet. Of course with his injured finger he needs some time to recover, so I'm good with that.

We've both started on a weight loss plan, and I'm down about 8 pounds. This is one that worked well for both of us before - unfortunately we didn't really make a lifestyle change afterwards, so the weight came back on, but this time we'll be more prepared.

Last of all, Morgan got a new puppy today. A couple of months ago the dog we had disappeared. I have a sneaking suspicion that the neighbors took her, for reasons I won't go into here. Anyway, she's been absolutely heartbroken since, so when we came across a man giving puppies away for free today, we decided to take one. She's half black lab and half German shepherd, and she's the sweetest, most docile dog I've ever seen. Morgan is on top of the world.

6 comments:

PaulH666 said...

There is one reason that people don't lose that weight or keep it off if they do manage to loose it. That being the punishment for gaining weight back is more enjoyable than the reward to keep it off.

If you gain weight the punishment is that you got to eat that tasty cake, while if you keep the weight off the reward is you don't get that tasty piece of cake.

So what you must do is tell Nick to tan your backside in some way yuou don't like, if you so much as put on one pount, once you've lost it. That way the punishment is worse if you gain weight. You may get that piece of cake but you'll be eating it standing up.

Caryagal said...

Poor Nick! He shoudl have gone to the ER but my husband is like that too! Glad for Morgan. Hope you join our diet group at Todd N Suzy's! It would be so cool to have you join us!

Carye

Paul said...

Tracy, wish you luck with the diet, PK and Nick's system seems to work.
Happy that Morgan got a new puppy, a Lab cross, go easy with exercise until it's at least eight months old and be careful with feeding, overweight dogs don't live very long.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That injury sounds painful. Good luck with the weight loss, and congrats on the new puppy!!!!
Hugs,
Kallisto

Pixiepie said...

good luck with the weight loss and the puppy sounds perfect!

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Paul666. That would definitely be an incentive!

Thanks, Carye, I'll ask Nick about it.

Thank you, Paul - very sound advice. I hope we get the chance to follow it!

Thank you, Kallisto and Pixiepie! :)