Hello, everyone. I'm so glad it's Friday! I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers in a couple of matters. First of all, my dad's surgery was yesterday, and while he came through it fine, there turned out to be a lot more damage than we had thought. His elbow was basically shattered, to the point that they just had to take out three pieces of bone the couldn't put back together, and he also broke one of the bones in his forearm, which for some reason wasn't apparent from the x-ray. They had to support it with a metal strip, and he'll be out of work for a bit. It's his dominant arm, and they think he'll only regain about 75% functionality in it.
Second of all, things have been pretty precarious at my company of late. A lot of people in different departments have lost their jobs due to downsizing, although no one in my area yet. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I interviewed for a position in a different department a month ago. They've still not made a decision, and I'm still very interested in the job, but with recent layoffs it seems like it might be a bit shaky. I just don't want to get an offer, take it, and then get let go in a month. Of course I've not had an offer, so it's not really an issue at this point, but I'm still ready to do something other than what I'm doing now, although I definitely want to stay with the company. Our insurance is there, not to mention the vacation, sick time, and stock I have after 7 years.
Lastly, and this is really vague, but I'm got kind of an undefined worry about Nick's sister Kelly and her new husband Grant. They're both very sweet, trusting people, not to mention young (20 and 21), and when my mom talked to them today Grant mentioned an older couple they'd met who seem a little over-interested in them. Now when I say older, I don't mean elderly, I mean in their forties, and the man kind of made Grant uneasy. My mom warned them to be cautious about letting themselves get into a vulnerable position, and I'm sure they'll be careful, but you always hear about beautful young newlyweds with their lives before them who go on vacation and disappear forever.
It sounds silly, I know, but they're so far from home and in a situation where they have plenty of reason to get wrapped up in each other and maybe not be as aware of their surroundings as they should be.
Anyway, I have nothing on the spanking front to report, although I could use a good one to get my butt in gear with this house after all the distraction of the wedding. Maybe soon...
And in the meantime, here are some new links for you!
It sounds silly, I know, but they're so far from home and in a situation where they have plenty of reason to get wrapped up in each other and maybe not be as aware of their surroundings as they should be.
Anyway, I have nothing on the spanking front to report, although I could use a good one to get my butt in gear with this house after all the distraction of the wedding. Maybe soon...
And in the meantime, here are some new links for you!
A Young Lady's Diary

4 comments:
Hey, Tracy, I'll definitely be thinking positive thoughts for your family & job - and congratulations on your millionth!
Huggs,
Reesa
Thanks, Reesa. :)
Tracy, life can get a little heavy at times.
I hope things work out for your dad, and your family and your job.
Congratulations on your Millionth.
Sending you love and very positive thoughts.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Thank you, Paul - I very much appreciate it. :)
Hugs,
Tracy
Post a Comment