Thursday, September 01, 2005

Katrina

This is just a quick post seeking your prayers and best wishes for those affected by the hurricane. We don't live in the part of the country hit, and for that I'm thankful. But it breaks my heart to think of all the poor people who are now homeless, without food, clothing, or medication.

Jesse from The Brat's Place for Spanking (link at right) lives in the heart of things. She was able to get out safely, but I'm sure she can use our prayers as she waits to return to a home that is undoubtedly changed. A close friend of mine who at different times in her life lived in both Louisiana and Mississippi has friends who've lost their homes completely. One family will be traveling here to stay with her and her husband for a while.

The gas prices are making things even worse, and please God may there be a swift end to the constant rise there. My prayers and best wishes to all of you who have had their lives uprooted by this hurricane.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep jesse in my prayers. My two sisters are both from new orleans and they are not staying in baton rouge. i doubt they will ever move back to new orleans. I've been glued to the tv its all so sad.
have a nice weekend sis. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're safe but sad to see all that destruction on tv.

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, Mija. I'm glad your sisters are both safe.

Thank you Mattie.

AngelBrat said...

:)