Thursday, July 07, 2005

Through to the other side...

Thank you so much to all of you guys who commented and kept reading here while I took a few days to get my head on straight. I won't bore you all with the details of my insecurities, but suffice it to say that I spent a couple of days questioning the health of thinking about spanking EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY and, as a result of said obsessive thoughts, pestering my husband with a ridiculous number of conversations that started with "I was reading a spanking blog today, and...." to the point that I was worried that I was tending to my needs to the exclusion of his.

This stemmed from a late night conversation that I was too willing to take the wrong way, and it resulted in my last post, along with me putting all the implements out of sight, crying dramatically in the safety of the shower, then getting out and putting on ugly, non-spanko panties. I was determined to go at least several hours without even letting the word "spanking" enter my thoughts.

Did it work? Not for a solitary minute. The good news is, a recent study indicates that constant spanko thoughts lower your cholesterol! Uh, not really, but it turns out that it's still okay (beneficial even) to let your spanking thoughts run wild.

Tonight my wonderful husband stayed up waaaay past his bedtime to find out what the heck was causing me to mope around for two days, and why I was taking a blogging break. We talked a lot, and I've resolved most of the issues in my heart. There was mention of a very long, very hard stress relief spanking in the near future, and that will go along way towards treating what ails.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew! I'm glad you got that all worked out. it's MISERABLE when you feel like that, isn't? welcome back : )

AngelBrat said...

Thank you both. :)

Anonymous said...

You and Nick talked it through, Tracy. I'm proud of you both... Communication is everything in this lifestyle.
huggs,
joannie

Karyn said...

Read this somewhere -
"If you understand, things are just the way they are. If you do not understand, things are just the way they are."
So relax and let it be. Look at the bright side - it is a proven fact that giving and receiving spankings burns calories and raises your heart rate, so it's good exercise for you both. Glad you're back.

Dawn said...

glad to have you back :)

Anonymous said...

Talk, talk, and talk somemore! Communication is so important in the "practice" of Dd. We are always learning about each other because we are always changing as a person. Glad you worked it out!
Angel

AngelBrat said...

Joannie and Angel - both of you two helped me get there. (((H)))

Leigh, that's such a good way of looking at it. I'm a diehard spanko because God made me that way. Might as well enjoy it! ;)

Lady Calliah, thank you. :)