Monday, June 07, 2010

Well this is weird...

Okay, so tonight I got a text from my brother Robert. It was asking if I knew that setting up a facebook account for my blog would send suggestions for that account to my facebook friends. Well, yes, I knew that, but I assumed he meant my photography blog. A few texts later it becomes clear that he means this blog. Awkward! Here's the thing - I do have a facebook account for this blog (or at least I did until tonight, when I promptly deleted it!), but I can't figure out where the cross reference was. There were no mutual friends (I definitely didn't friend it with my vanilla account), and there was even a whole different email address that I only used for that facebook account. And honestly I hadn't even checked that facebook account in ages. Either way, he found his way here.

And so...deep breath...I texted him back asking him to please not share it with anyone else and thanking him for his discretion. And my awesome brother, the one who got married just over 8 months ago himself, told me that he believes that if God had an opinion on it then He would have given it and that just so long as the focus was on Him and the satisfaction came from each other, what we do is our business. And that he would keep it to himself. :) Soooo...thank you!

I guess my biggest fear about having the blog found by someone in real life was that they wouldn't understand that this is something we do because I want it and would think that it's something Nick does to me instead of for me. What a tremendous relief that when it finally happened it was with someone who didn't jump to that conclusion. Love you, little brother!

5 comments:

PK said...

Thanks, I just delete my facebook for Elis. Like you I had never used it but I would want anyone from the outside finding their way in. I know what we are doing is the very best thing for us but I don't feel the desire to explain it to anyone. Glad your brother is such a good guy.

PK

The Incredible Girl said...

That is really great! I love the feeling of relief. Sometimes it's nice to have someone 'vanilla' know, and understand. And even if they don't understand- it is still nice to have them not judge. It just helps make me feel less weird for wanting/needing it, I guess.

I don't know. I love the feeling of coming out to certain people, even if it is by accident! I'm happy you have a supportive brother. That is really great!

The Incredible Girl said...

LOL I said that is really great twice.

See how amazing I think it is? hehe

Jean said...

Wow, That really is nice of him not to tell everyone. Thats great hes supportive of your needs and wishes.

AngelBrat said...

Thanks for the support, everyone!