Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yikes!

So my other paddles came yesterday, and all I can say is yikes! Even Nick thought they were a little heavy! Not that we've tried them out yet - right now we're being super careful because of the whole bed rest thing. But I'm sure that once the baby comes and I've had some time to recover we'll give them a test run.

Speaking of paddles...

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but Nick does pin striping as a hobby. He's actually quite good, and has done a number of pieces for people, both simple art pieces and even a few vehicles. Anyway, lexan makes an excellent surface for doing signs on, or even just for practicing on; one of his friends was given basically a pallet full of lexan sheets, and he have 30 or so of them to Nick, between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. Sooooo...he's going to try his hand at making lexan paddles. There's probably enough there to turn out between 60 and 80 paddles, depending on size and shape. He's going to make one or two for us to see how they turn out, and if it goes well we may offer them for sale. I've never had a burning (heh) desire to be spanked with lexan, but I suppose I could offer my butt up in the name of industry.

Things are going well baby-wise. I was supposed to have an appointment today, but I ended up going in yesterday instead. I hadn't felt any real movement from her all day, so they told me to come in for an ultrasound. She was just fine, apparently just having a lazy day. We had an ultrasound last Monday and she was weighing in at six pounds and three ounces. As of today I'm six days away from the point at which I had Morgan, so I don't think it will be too much longer. Hope you guys have a great week!

3 comments:

PK said...

A custom painted lexan paddle... hummmm... sounds nice. I'll keep that in mind if you guys go into business.

I just want to remind you that we will all be waiting to hear about the baby when she comes. I know blogging won't be the first thing on your mind but let us know something.

Hugs,
PK

Paul said...

Tracy, take it easy with the paddles.
Yes, keep us informed please.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul,

ronnie said...

Take care and as PK says I hope you will let us know when the little one arrives.

Ronnie
xx