And not by Nick! As of this afternoon, I'm officially on bed rest. Tuesday my blood pressure was kind of high, so I called my doctor and she doubled my daily dosage of bp meds. Yesterday it was much better, and at my visit she said everything looked good. Today it was even higher than on was on Tuesday, so I gave them a call. I expected to be told to take it easy tonight, or to take an extra dose of my medicine, or maybe even to come in and see them. What I was told was to tell my boss I was officially on bed rest and unable to work for the rest of the pregnancy. This was a little unnerving for me, because it means that I may have just clocked out for the last time ever today. We're still praying heavily about it, but our plans since we found out I was pregnant have been for me to not go back. I've not made that announcement officially because A) I'd like to get paid for my maternity leave, and B) we're still waiting for God to make provisions for it to happen financially. It was strange though to say goodbye to people I've worked with for almost 10 years, knowing that it may very well be a more permanent goodbye than they realize.
I would very much appreciate all your prayers, not just for me and the baby, but for Nick as well as he picks up the slack around here. I was scheduled to take vacation next week with plans to get the house completely cleaned and in order in preparation for the baby, but the doctor has told me that's just not an option now. In fact, if things don't look relatively good when I go in for my next visit on Monday, I won't even be able to go to my brother's wedding next weekend.
I guess the good news is, I'll get to really catch up on my blog reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Take care of yourself, sweetie! I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
Big hugs!
Bethie
prayers and good juju being sent your way...take it easy and enjoy those blogs
All you can do is listen to your doctor and behave yourself. You can email me all you like. I love hearing from you.
Hugs,
PK
Sending prayers your way! I was on bedrest and even hospitalized with my first (high BP). It limits your options but it's good for you and the baby. Take care and be thankful for the internet - no such thing 32 years ago! (grin) Meow
Tracy, take good care of yourself.
I'm sure that things will work out for you both.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Take it easy...praying for you both..
Take care. You are in our thoughts.
Ronnie
xx
I will be praying for you and your hubby. I was on bedrest with first one from 24 weeks on and should've from start with first one, but hubby was out to sea. I know how boring it can get, but it's so important for your life and the life of your little one. I will definately pray about your job and financial situation.
jean
Thank you so much everyone for all the thoughtful comments!
Post a Comment