
I got a new laptop! I'm soooo excited, because my beloved Gateway has been on its last leg for a while now. My hard drive crashed back in October and we lost everything on it. Best Buy was unfortunately unable to recover anything at all, and we were unable to find my restore disk. Because there was absolutely nothing at all on the new hard drive, we had to load everything from scratch. One of Nick's computer savvy friends kindly got us set back up, but all that he had to put on as an operating system was Windows XP Pro, a system I love, except it was registered to him. So for the last 9 months I've had to deal with Windows Counterfeit Software notices, extremely frustrating since we have my actual original authorized disk somewhere. Added to that, Morgan broke the hinge on one side when she accidentally opened the lid too far, and the charger has been threatening to stop working for some time.
We've not gotten it fixed for a couple of reasons - first of all we just didn't have the money, and second, I've had it for about three years now, and it's obsolete enough that it would cost as much to fix it as to get a new, better computer. With the baby coming, we knew we wouldn't have much more of an opportunity to repair or replace it. So with some great deals at Best Buy right now, Nick decided it was time to shop. We ended up coming home with an Asus for about $300 less than we paid for my Gateway, and a lot more bells and whistles. Besides having a much bigger hard drive, it's got a ton more memory and battery life, as well as a built in webcam. It's soooo much faster, and the graphics are amazingly crisp.
In other news, I've unfortunately developed gestational diabetes. My mom had it with my youngest brother, so I wasn't entirely surprised, but it's still a complication I'd definitely rather do without. I'm 29 weeks pregnant today, so I've only got about 11 weeks to go (hopefully a little less). I can deal with it - I'd just rather not have to. We started painting the baby's room today, and my mom and mother-in-law will be having a baby shower for me on August 30. I can't believe how close it's all getting! I hope you guys have a great week!

2 comments:
Tracy, things seem to be going well for you all.
I've been a diabetic for over twenty years but I know very little about gestational diabetes,
I'll have to look it up.
I hope that it doesn't offer too many complications. :)
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Tracy, I hate it about thre GD but it should all go away when that beautiful little girl gets here.
You read my saga about my laptop repairs. Mine's working at the moment but it not great - slow, the plug won't always stay in, no battery life to speak of... Mine is 3 years old too but I wasn't wild about changing to vista. Let me know what you think of yours.
Hugs,
PK
Post a Comment