Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It could definitely be worse...

Well, I know I've not sounded very grateful today. The truth is that I have much to be thankful for, including my husband. I'm dealing with some tremendous stresses these days, and I'm not always handling it well. Beyond the physical drain of pregnancy, there's also the stresses of the gestational diabetes, the hypertension, the doctor's bills, money issues, work issues (found out yesterday that a much loved co-worker with 38 years with the company was unceremoniously downsized. Due to this, her team went to my supervisor and some of my team, me included, are getting parceled out to other teams - NOT happy about this!). We're also having to get flood insurance to go through with our mortgage modification, and to do that we have to get a $400 elevation certificate done. My doctor's appointments are getting more frequent, and my available sick time is almost gone with 9 1/2 weeks left till my due date. Added to all that, there was a SNAKE in our kitchen Sunday! I do NOT like snakes.

BUT, despite all that, my life is very blessed. The diabetes seems to be doing well with diet control, and the hypertension is mild. God is providing as we have to have it on the money issues. While I'm not happy to be moved away from my current supervisor, the one I'm getting is not the worst one I could have. It looks like they may let me use some holiday time when my sick time is depleted. And the snake is now quite gone. Nick was very much my hero in that situation. He likes snakes just about as much as I do, but he didn't even hesitate - with a pair of grill tongs and a steak knife he very bravely dispatched our uninvited house guest, and he didn't even laugh at me for running screaming from the house.

My husband has worked very hard lately, not just at his job, but here at home too, painting the baby's room, picking up side work to help pay the bills, and generally making sure I have help with the house. I very much appreciate him, and I try hard not to make too many other demands. Most of the time he's been very sweet to me, and I'm very blessed to have him. Sometimes, I guess, I just need to bitch a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better. So much stress on one little person can seem overwhelming--writing things out helps!

Emilie

Paul said...

Tracy dear girl, life seems rough at the moment, hopefully it will get better.
Snakes do not help!
Sending you positive thought and strength, you will get through this.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.