Saturday, September 06, 2008

Not much going on...

Hey, guys. Kind of boring here lately. Let's see, what's going on in my life?

Ummmm....

Not much, it seems.

Work has been unpleasantly busy. Nick and I always know that a busy day for him is good (since he works on commission), and a busy day for me is bad (since I don't get paid by the number of calls I take).

We finally had enough money to get tires for Nick's bike, but we're still trying to come up with the money to actually get them mounted and balanced, so for now he's still driving the gas guzzler truck at $17 a day to get to work and back. I know, I know, mounting the tires on the bike would pay for itself in gas money, but not, unfortunately, in one paycheck, which is what we would need right now.

Only 35 days till my next vacation!

It turns out that the roughly $900 we were expecting from the court settlement was a "total sent so far" figure, not an amount that had gone astray somewhere. So we got $175 the other day (thus the new bike tires), and have no promise of anything more.

Morgan is doing really well in school this year.

The chaos in my house is taking on a life of its own. I have to clean!

My parents bought a used pontoon boat last week, so we got to spend a pretty fun day on it last Monday.

We've been doing a food program for a few months now where we purchase discounted groceries. If you've never heard of Angel Food Ministries, I highly recommend you check it out. It's a fantastic deal, anyone can do it, and I'm pretty excited about this month's menu!

And now Nick and I are off to help my brother and his girlfriend close the deal on a good used car for her. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Brambleberry Blush said...

Hi, regardless of the drought, I very much enjoy reading about your exploits. Please keep it up.

Paul said...

Tracy, always nice to hear from you.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

AngelBrat said...

Thank you, brambleberry blush and Paul - always glad to hear from folks.

Hugs,

Tracy