Saturday, May 03, 2008

Blessings

Whew! It seems like ages since I've had a chance to sit down and really post! Let's see, what's been happening in my life? Well, about a week and a half ago, the day before Nick's and Morgan's birthday, I called Nick while he was at work, and he said, "I have some news." Okay, he didn't say good news, so I'm thinking, okay, what now?

"Well, you know how my raise was supposed to be on this paycheck? It's not going to be." Okay, this was cause for minor panic, because this was the birthday shopping paycheck, but I just kept listening. "It's not going to be on this paycheck, because it's going to be on the next one, and it's not going to be what I was expecting - it's going to be more!"

Yippee! They went through and re-evaluated everybody in the shop and gave everybody more money, Nick included. So his raise went from 12% to 21%, just like that! So, while I had to do some juggling because it wasn't on the check I was expecting, obviously this is much better in the long run! Also, I got a raise myself the other day (much smaller, but a raise nonetheless), and it will also show up on this check.

In other news, Nick bought a motorcycle a couple of days ago. This was a mixed emotion decision for me. I'm awfully worried that he'll get hurt on it, but it's something he's always wanted, and his raise will more than cover it. I just have to leave him in God's hands and trust Him to take care of him. Money-wise it will pay for itself. Right now it costs us about $15 a day for him to drive his truck to work and back. Riding the bike will cut that by about 80%.

Right now it's just sitting, because he has to get a whole laundry list of things before he can ride: insurance, a helmet, a jacket, a license, a tag, not to mention take a motorcycle safety course he promised me he would sign up for before getting his license. It's driving him nuts to have to leave it sitting, but he's being relatively patient.

As for spanking, there's been pretty much zero going on. We've had good intentions, but life has intervened lately. It's definitely on the list though!

5 comments:

PK said...

I am so happy that you both got raises! These days just being able to hang onto a job is pretty good. In our area place after place keeps closing throwing several hundred out of work at a pop.

I don't want a motorcycle but if we lived in a flatter place I would buy a bike in a heart beat - saving gas money and getting exercise at the same time is a good thing.

As for spanking sometimes it carries me through just to know we both want it, even if we can't get around to it. Hang in there!

Hugs,
PK

Paul said...

Tracy sweetheart, I'm praying that you get what you need.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
Congrats on the raises, thats great! I can sympathize on the gas. Joe drives and hour to work in a F150. It's killing us. Now go drape yourself over that bike so it doesn't go to waste! LOL!

Anonymous said...

oh man the gas prices are so bad right now I am thinking about buying a horse

AngelBrat said...

Thanks, PK. And you're definitely right - in this economy just hanging onto a job is great. A raise is truly a blessing!

Thanks, Paul. I'm better now. :)

Elizabeth, hehe, a truly inspired idea!

spanking hero, they'd sure be cheaper to feed these days!