About 8 1/2 years ago my dad had 2 major heart attacks. He survived them, but he was out of commission for about 6 months recovering. Since then my mom has pushed and cajoled him into fairly regular checkups. A couple of months ago he had some routine tests, and everything looked great. Then a couple of days ago my mom told me that he'd been having chest pains again and was unusually fatigued, but he wouldn't go to the doctor because he'd just been checked out recently.
Well, he was taking a nap, but I went and woke him up and told him to get himself to the doctor before something happened, that I just couldn't lose him over something stupid like refusing to go. Sometimes he'll listen to me before he will my mom. So yesterday he emailed me at work and told me that he had an appointment at 1:00. My mom called me about 3:30 and told me that they had him in the ER and were going to admit him. Something came back abnormal on his EKG.
They came and got him about an hour ago for further tests, and if they find anything wrong, they'll do surgery today. I would very much appreciate your prayers for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just read this baby and will be praying for your dad, but I was happy to hear about the above post. Take care!
XOXO,
Katie
Thank you, Katie - I appreciate it.
Post a Comment