
Hey, everyone! We're back, and we had a lovely time. It was so great to just get away and have a few days to drift. We ended up getting a better cabin than we started with, because there was some issue with the hot tub in the first. So they upgraded us to a bigger, nicer one with a pool table and a better view.
We went to an Orvis store while we were out. In case you don't know what Orvis is (I didn't), it's an apparently very high end outdoors/fly fishing shop. I found the leather fly swatter pictured above, and fell in love with it. I was determined to get it, until I found out it would cost us $59.00! Who the heck pays sixty bucks for something to squash flies with? Of course we wouldn't have been killing any flies with it. WEG. But still!
Morgan had a blast and Nick and I got some nice Mommy and Daddy time. It's definitely something we want to do again.

9 comments:
Tracy,
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a restful trip.
Love the swatter! You'll have to let us know how well it works on the, um, flies.
Okay Tracy, I'm confused...did you or did you not get the fly swatter? Yes, I would agree, $60.00 seems a bit steep for a fly squashing implement, but when one is on vacation one takes a vacation from their senses. My motto (yes, it can lead to trouble)..."I see it, I want it, I buy it." If you didn't purchase it, then perhaps there's one to be had at *heavy sigh* Wal-Mart (probably plastic and good for only one swat).
Glad to read that you had a good time...any action on the pool table after Morgan was tucked in for the night?
Fishing the dry fly is for real optimists.Better fish the nymph.You will catch more fish and your fly squasher will stay clean and ready for spanking.
Hmmm...
I'm thinking that it could be a very well spent $59.00!!!
Glad you guys had fun!!!
*hugs*
Tigger
We didn't buy the flyswatter, but I happen to have a very talented leather guy on my address list. ;) John at Leather Thorn has promised to look into creating one for me, so I may end up swatted yet. :)
Ceeci...it's funny you should mention the pool table... WEG
I bought a leather flyswatter at a hardware store in the Ohio Amish Country. It has a metal handle, but the very same leather swatting part. It cost less than $5.00.
Oh..by the way...it has not swatted any flies....but has swatted some cheeks a few times!
Ok, see, now I want one of these!
Of course, this begs the pun..."I guess time "flies" when you are a having fun" (ok, that was pretty bad)
Hugs :)
Anonymous, that's VERY cool. I like the aesthetic of the wooden handle, but that's not the art that gets used, right?
poeisia, lol! I'm sadly notorious for my puns in my house.
Firmhands, I might agree if they were selling it in a fetish shop (although I still wouldn't pay that!), but these people are trying to sell it as something you actually squash flies with! Eww!
Post a Comment