

Nick is allergic to cats.
Nick's buddy has a cat who has a litter of ready to leave their mommy kittens.
Nick went to visit him yesterday.
And made the mistake of bringing along our blond haired, blue eyed four-year-old.
Now we have a cat.
But isn't he cute?! I had to make an unexpected run to Wal-Mart for cat food, litter, a litter box, food/water dishes, and toys. Oh, and three different death-to-fleas products. It turns out the fleas also came free.
But, alas, the flea colony is no more, thanks to two much unappreciated flea shampoos, a super powerful flea collar, and a bottle of anti-flea spray. Parasites, I cannot handle.
Cute fluffy kittens - well, I suppose I'll manage.

10 comments:
Thanks, Kay. :) As far as gender, we THINK it's a boy, but it can be hard to tell this young. So we picked "Flannel" as a pretty unisex name. LOL!
AWWWWWW that is the cutest kitty!
Did you say ...... WalMart? Wahhhhhhhhh!!! I miss WalMart! Cute kitten, by the way.
Thanks, Kelly and Leigh. :)
Carrie, this is the strangest thing. Nick agreed to give it a trial run in the house, on the chance that maybe, after years away from anything feline (by choice), his allergies might have disappeared. And it looks like they have! I was kind of freaked out because he said that when he went up to bed last night he found the kitten sleeping ON HIS PILLOW. I just knew he was going to wake up red eyed and sniffly and miserable, but he felt great this morning, and he says it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. Hooray!
IMHO, fleas in my space, i.e. infested in a rug or hiding in my clothing, are far worse than fleas on my cat, so please allow me to share an ancient prophylactic with you. Get a box of some laundry borax product such as Borateam or 20-Mule Team Borax. Sprinkle it on your rugs and leave it for a day or two, then vacuum. Put two tablespoons of it into each load of your laundry. The rug treatment lasts about a year, and you'll never have a flea in your clothing. I have found that it's no longer even necessary to use any type of flea treatment for my cat. This is the home remedy equivalent of what fleabusters etal charge you $175 to do, and the cost is about $3.75 a year.
What a great idea, echo! I'm off to find some Borax!
what a cutie...awwwwwww
Tracy, welcome to the new addition to your family. When we got our first cat as a stray we over did with the flea shampoo and collar. Please make sure that the kitty is old enough for all the pesticides. We almost did ours in and he got a reaction to them. Also, since we are both a little allergic to cats try giving him/her a soaking once a month with warm water. This has helped us with itchy eyes.
Enjoy,
Angel
She looks so sweet Tracy. No wonder your little girl didn't want to leave without her!
:D
Post a Comment