Tuesday, February 26, 2013

100 Questions Nobody Ever Asks

Well, the plan was for me to stay up late and work on Jack and Daisy's room (which has to be done by next Sunday or there's going to be some serious repercussions), but Jack is playing hard to get with the sandman, so I thought I would do this meme I found on SNP's blog. But I saw that it was actually longer, and I think memes are kind of fun, so I tracked down the whole list. Here goes:
1:Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
      Closed, although Nick's (we each have one) has one door that refuses to stay shut unless there's a door stop in front of it. It's one of those random things that you need to fix around the house but never seem to remember when you're at the hardware store.
2:Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
It's a pretty rare thing for us to stay at a hotel, but if we do, pretty much always. I figure that's part of what you're paying for with the room rate. I don't raid the maid's cart or anything though -  I just take those that are put out for us. 
3:Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Well, the fitted sheet is tucked of course, but the top sheet is not. One a side note, I do make the bed nearly every day. I never bothered with it when we first got married, but I started doing it just as an act of respect and caring some time after we started DD. Now I do it even when Nick has to be away overnight just because I love how it feels to slide into a made up bed.
4:Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
 No, but Nick took a couple in high school. In fact, they're hanging in our garage (not sure what else to do with them - it's not like you can just drop them off at the county dump).
5:Do you like to use post-it notes?
  Not as much as I used to. When I worked in a call center I used them like crazy, and I was forever picking up cute ones at Target. I even made quite a bit of origami out of them, but I don't really have much need for them now. We do keep some around the house though, and I will occasionally leave one on the bathroom mirror or inside the front door for Nick to see before he leaves in the morning.
6:Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
Sometimes. I'm not a hard core couponer by any means, but I do try to use them when I can. And I never, EVER go to the Michael's, Joann's, or Hobby Lobby without one.
7:Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
 I'd have to go with bees. I'm not allergic to bees, but I am a super lame runner, and I can't see me surviving a bear attack.
8:Do you have freckles?
Not really. My arms are a little freckled. Morgan on the other hand has quite a few and she hates them (although I think they're adorable).
9:Do you always smile for pictures?
I generally try to avoid being in pictures, but I smile for them if I can't dodge them.
10:What is your biggest pet peeve?
Super slow drivers. And people who talk on their cell phones in a public restroom. And people who take the bathroom stall right beside me when the rest of the row is free. Basically don't invade my space in the ladies room.
11:Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
I do, probably when I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'm a little OCD.
12:Have you ever peed in the woods?
A time or two when camping, but I hate it and will do almost anything to avoid it.

13:What about pooped in the woods?
Um, no.
14:Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
Sometimes to make Jack or Daisy laugh. Daisy has just about gotten potty training down in the last week, and I've done quite a few happy dances for her. :)
15:Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No
16:How many people have you slept with this week?
This week two, counting Jack. It's usually three though, because Daisy comes and crawls in bed with me and Jack after Nick and Morgan have left for work and school.
17:What size is your bed?
King, and I love it!

18:What is your Song of the week?
None really, although I can't get the theme song to Psych out of my head.
19:Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
I think so, but Nick rarely agrees.
20:Do you still watch cartoons?
As a mom of three kids, all the dang time!
21:Whats your least favorite movie?
Hmm, Bringing Out the Dead, was pretty awful. And Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
22:Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Wouldn't you like to know!
23:What do you drink with dinner?
Almost always sweet tea, although sometimes milk, and if we happen to go out, usually Coke.
24:What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
McDonald's Hot Mustard or Sweet and Sour Sauce, or if I'm at Chik-Fil-A (which I prefer), Polynesian Sauce.
25:What is your favorite food?
Well, my dream birthday menu would be Chik-Fil-A chicken minis for breakfast, Jet's 8 Corner Pepperoni Pizza with Turbo Crust for lunch, and The Chop House's Prime Rib Sandwich with Spinach Maria and blackberry cobbler for dessert for dinner. And maybe a slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory thrown in there somewhere.
26:What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The Notebook, The Hunger Games, Office Space, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
27:Last person you kissed/kissed you?
Jack
28:Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Nope
29:Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Nope
30:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I wrote an absence excuse for Morgan to take to school a couple of weeks ago, but that probably doesn't count. I used to write Nick letters a few years ago when it was harder for me to have a face to face conversation about DD, but it's been a while since I've done that. The last letter I wrote and mailed was probably 10 years ago to my friend Ann.
31:Can you change the oil on a car?
Nope, but I was smart enough to marry a mechanic!
32:Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
A few times.
33:Ever ran out of gas?
A time or two.
34:Favorite kind of sandwich?
Prime rib, or less expensively ham and Swiss on light bread with mustard and a little honey.
35:Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Chik-Fil-A chicken minis.
36:What is your usual bedtime?
It's supposed to be no later than 2, and I'm allowed to read or play on my Kindle for a little while longer. But sometimes it depends on when I can get Jack to go down.
37:Are you lazy?
I'm afraid so, although I try hard to not give in to it.
38:When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
One year a witch and one year Lucy from the Peanuts (with one of those cheesy plastic masks held on by a piece of elastic). Other than that, I don't think I got to dress up much because my parents weren't big on Halloween.
39:What is your Chinese astrological sign?
The Snake - I had to look it up.
40:How many languages can you speak?
English. That is all, unless you count my fluency in toddler and Dora the Explorer.
41:Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
About 6, although I seriously never have time to read any of them. I got a bunch free through Recyclebank, but I end up giving them mostly to my mother-in-law for her beauty shop waiting area.
42:Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
That's a tough one! I'd have to go with Legos though.
43:Are you stubborn?
Little bit.
44:Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
Conan O'Brien and Craig Ferguson. Not a huge fan of Leno or Letterman.
45:Ever watch soap operas?
Nope
46:Are you afraid of heights?
Kind of. I like being up really high but am terrified at the same time.
47:Do you sing in the car?
When I put music on yes!
48:Do you sing in the shower?
Rarely, although I used to. Not sure why I stopped.
49:Do you dance in the car?
Not often but sometimes
50:Ever used a gun?
Yes
51:Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
At Nick's work Christmas party in December.
52:Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes, but I not so secretly love them. Glee is our Thursday night guilty pleasure.
53:Is Christmas stressful?
Terribly so, which I hate. I spend so much time trying to make everything so that we can afford gifts for everyone that it just wears me out. I need to find a better balance, because it's truly my favorite holiday.
54:Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes
55:Favorite type of fruit pie?
Blackberry.
56:Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Mostly just a stay at home mom. Oh look!
57:Do you believe in ghosts?
No, but I believe in demons and angels.

58:Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yes
59:Take a vitamin daily?
No, but I need to.
60:Wear slippers?
No, but I wear flip flops pretty much all the time at home.
61:Wear a bath robe?
No
62:What do you wear to bed?
Usually a t-shirt and panties, sometimes just panties.
63:First concert?
Metallica
64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Wal-Mart for necessities, Target just for me.
65:Nike or Adidas?
Nike
66:Cheetos Or Fritos?
Cheetos
67:Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Sunflower seeds
68:Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
Can’t say I have
69:Ever take dance lessons?
No
70:Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Nope, I plan on keeping the spouse I've got!
71:Can you curl your tongue?
Yes
72:Ever won a spelling bee?
Yes
73:Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Yes
74:Own any record albums?
I have a couple in my craft closet, but they're for projects.
75:Own a record player?
No, but we used to.
76:Regularly burn incense?
No but I used to.
77:Ever been in love?
Yep
78:Who would you like to see in concert?
Pink, My Chemical Romance, The Avett Brothers
79:What was the last concert you saw?
Sick Puppies I think.
80:Hot tea or cold tea?
Ice tea
81:Tea or coffee?
Tea
82:Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles
83:Can you swim well?
Enough to keep from drowning, but I wouldn't say I'm a strong swimmer.
84:Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Yes
85:Are you patient?
Not very, unless it's with little kids.
86:DJ or band, at a wedding?
DJ
87:Ever won a contest?
Yes, a few.
88:Ever have plastic surgery?
No
89:Which are better black or green olives?
Black, but I like them both.
90:Can you knit or crochet?
I can knit on a round loom. I used to be able to crochet a little.
91:Best room for a fireplace?
Living room
92:Do you want to get married?
I used to, so I did!
93:If married, how long have you been married?
Almost 15 years.
94:Who was your HS crush?
A bunch of guys who weren't worth it.
95:Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Nope. You can imagine what that would get me.
96:Do you have kids?
Yes
97:Do you want kids?
I sure do, and it's a good thing too!
98:Whats your favorite color?
Pink
99:Do you miss anyone right now?
My friend Ann
100: Something that happened in the Middle School:
I can't remember back that far!

2 comments:

sixofthebest said...

Angel Brat, thank you for your 100 Meme questions and answers. It seems the way you answered them, you tell it like it is. In my humble opinion you are a good humored spanko brat. And may the joys of life, be ever with you. Thanks for sharing. your thoughts with us.

Belle L said...

Wow that was alot of questions to answer. The answer that made me laugh the most was the language question. I remember the days of having to interpret my baby's words to others. I was sad when she didn't have baby words anymore. I have enjoyed some of my friend's grandbabies' language though. (Like wanting to eat a "Red Monster" for Red Lobster). He thought the tank in the front had red monsters in them. God bless you and your young family, Belle L.