Obviously, because this is a DD blog, a good portion of my followers are going to be interested in spanking. Because of that, maybe half of them have a profile picture featuring a bare bottom. Now if you are one of those people, that's totally your prerogative, and I'm not judging you at all. But the thing is, I make it a point not to feature any nudity on this blog, even on the sidebar. That was not always the case (although I always tried to not have anything gratuitous), but several years ago God really got hold of me about the content I put out there, and I changed some of the things I posted and featured. Beyond that, my brother (and pastor!) has the link to this blog, and I wouldn't want him popping in to see anyone's naked butt.
So here's my dilemma - I'm glad to have followers, but I need to not have everyone's profile picture appear on my sidebar. I've done some quick research to try to figure out how to create a text only Follow Me link, but so far I've not found a way. For now I'm just going to do without the widget, and I know that at the very least you can add me as a subscription in your Google Reader or (should be) any other reader you use with just the blog URL. But if anyone can come up with the correct HTML for me to add a text only Follow Me link, that would be great. Thanks!
Oh, and I got that spanking, but it's bedtime, so I'll tell you about it later!

4 comments:
What you actually need is the followers widget but then with all the thumbnail pictures replaced by the default picture, the one that is shown when somebody has no picture. That way you stay as close by the original widget as can be. All the other functions would remain intact.
I've looked at the sourcecode of the widget and I think that it must be possible to change the widget in that way, but sadly for me it is a bit to complicated. But I do suppose that a HTML programmer would not found it very difficult.
Maybe you could ask for this in the fora?
If that doesn't work, it would be nice to have an explanation of your reasons, and a instruction about the URL-following somewhere on your page.
When you are at it, could you please remove the word verification on comments? Makes commenting very difficult.
I don't think you can actually modify the code for the Followers gadget, as Bas suggested, because it is code that is generated when the web page is displayed, not when it's sitting in your template. Teh Followers gadget will eventually be replaced with the Google + gadget, that allows you to follow through Google +. It also shows pictures.
So I'm afraid that the only option for your readers is to add a Follow by Email and/or Subscription Links gadget, so readers can follow you by email and/or RSS feed.
Moderating comments would be a better alternative to the word verification, which still lets spam through.
Hugs,
HErmione
I can't help and you've heard from the best. I do agree with Bas that capcha is very annoying so if at all possible it would be wonderful if it was gone.
I was going to suggest you ask Hermione but I see she's already answered.
I agree, capcha is annoying.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Post a Comment